Future Of The Skulls, Logs And Forums

Read-only archive. No posts as of May 2017 due to new forums.

Future Of The Skulls, Logs And Forums

09 Apr 2017, 16:29 #1

Diverse and creative week it was. Now check this out...

On coding side I continued with adding skulls and teeth. There are still many aspects to consider and polish before I can give you finished news about how it's going to work, but anyhow skulls can be now harvested from a few relevant animals. And moreover, teeth can be picked from those skulls. To be continued...

Then, Erkka came to visit me and in addition to some brainstorming we continued with certain short movie video works under construction and made significant progress there. At the end of the week I payed a visit in turn and travelled with Erkka back at his place. We carried on continuing to build his firewood shed under construction, and also captured some video footage of our traditional log building days.
Here's fresh Log building timelapse now up at Enormous Elk YouTube channel.

We also had time to consider and make concrete decisions regarding renewing the forums.
Thus, I can say it out loud that we'll be launching new forums this spring.
It will be a fresh start from a scratch, and we've chosen to use simple machines forums engine. You gotta register again at the new forums then, and these invisionfree forums will turn into an archive. I guess it will take few weeks before everything is configured properly, but it's coming up.
- Sami, UnReal World creator, sami@unrealworld.fi

This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

09 Apr 2017, 18:01 #2

Sami Maaranen @ Apr 9 2017, 04:29 PM wrote: It will be a fresh start from a scratch, and we've chosen to use simple machines forums engine. You gotta register again at the new forums then, and these invisionfree forums will turn into an archive. I guess it will take few weeks before everything is configured properly, but it's coming up.
Excellent news. I've managed SMF in the past and they are awesome.

09 Apr 2017, 19:09 #3

Do you use nails for the shed? Or physics and gravity are enough.

09 Apr 2017, 19:36 #4

Do you use nails for the shed? Or physics and gravity are enough.
I've used nails for the floor planks. But otherwise this kind of log wall structure holds itself together merely because of basic laws of mechanics + gravity.
- Erkka
UrW co-designer
www.enormouselk.com

09 Apr 2017, 20:44 #5

That shed looks to be more solid when finished then a lot of sheds I ve seen where they used nails and nits and whatever the names. Including one firewood shed from a friend cabin. I wouldn't dare to try and break your walls with my feet :D

16 Apr 2017, 08:49 #6

Cool news! I really like the videos and I'm looking forward to pull out teeth out of skulls, yeah. :D