Combat Training Dummys

Read-only archive. No posting allowed as of May 2017 due to new forums.

Combat Training Dummys

Mar 1 2016, 02:18 AM #1

** ! Warning !
** This mod may not be suited for everyone.
** The topics are a bit gruesome by URW standards.
** This mod creates standing size training dummys
** You can now train your weapon combat skills
** without throwing your weapon
** Gather the pieces, enlist the help of a goddess
** and Build your own weapon skill dummy
** Download is currently available below

Kalma

The Finnish goddess of death and decay
Her name meaning "The Stench of Corpses"
Her favorite places to linger are graveyards and cemeteries;
Some say that she moves on a vehicle of odors, much like a puff of smoke.

Kalma has tried many times before to tempt the peoples of the UnReal World,
It seemed that the blessings she had offered in exchange, for a
few mere corpses, fell short of of tempting their morality.

She decided instead to enlist the Njerpez as surely she could tempt the army she needed.
So she left the UnReal world for peoples of the East. Slowly her hatred of these people grew
over time. Even their sacrifices were few and pathetic, if only there were something she could
offer that might tempt the peoples of the UnReal World. She would use them to exact her revenge.

Long she pondered until this day, the day UnReal World itself changed.
This new world now allowed her to offer a great prize.
One that any true warriors could not pass by.
Surely now the living would line up to send her the dead!

Now she must fine tune her plan before swaying the peoples.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It now appears that corrupted souls under the promise of great strength, are now in league and
helping Kalma put all the "pieces" of her plan into reality.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kalma is confident that her plan will deal so harsh a blow to the Njerpez that soon
all the missed offerings will be a distant memory, as may soon be the Njerpez peoples.

Kalma is making an open offering to a few elite warriors, to accept her blessing (early) to be sure that nothing in her plan has been mislaid.
The path to her blessing is long and covered in blood, but if you think are up to the challenge of feeding a God, please contact this mortal.

How to install, acquire and use the training dummy

How to video

*NOTE* I've included both the dummies so you can decide for yourselves if you play it.
Dummy A is used by default (less gore) and is dummy1.png
Dummy B is also in the download (not used by default) and is dummy2.png
Which ever one is named "dummy1.png" will be used by the mod.

//Update v1.1 - Modified ingredient name to allow corpse of no quality.
// Updated v1.1a - UNIX version fix linked in next reply

Mar 1 2016, 09:42 PM #2

But will we be able to invite villagers to play Whack-A-Nerj?

:P

Does look great. Weapon training... and shield? training options would be great. Though I think there should be a top out so you can't get to 100 by just whacking peels.

Mar 2 2016, 02:18 AM #3

// Updated v1.1a - UNIX version fix
I've attached the Unix fixed version in this reply.

Mar 2 2016, 05:35 AM #4

Here's a plan for archery. Have a piece of furniture not just for the target, but the position you stand to shoot at the target from. Something like a 'firing point'. At this point there is a crafting recipe turning arrows into some kind of token (like the dummy slivers you have, but a different one) and at the target you turn that token back into arrows. This would simulate retrieving the arrows. One of these points would use the 'bow' skill to do the crafting, and be the point at which you gain the skill. You could do the same with training with crossbows, javelins, etc., if you have enough tokens to keep tabs.

Mar 2 2016, 05:47 AM #5

Thank you for taking the time to share.

Kind of my "issue" with a bow/crossbow dummy is both logic and game wise;
-logic- You can already train bow skill in the game.
-game- I am using forced proximity to the object since it is granting "enhanced" or focused potential skill gain.

so basically I can force a sword user to be at a dummy to "use" the task, for bow since I can't force them to "use" the task only at a dummy. If that makes sense.

I do like the idea of a two spot solution but again since it's not "actually" firing arrows and near every item is movable...

I guess you could force to a 'firing point' that is too heavy to practically be moved far (not carryable). Hmmm

:D Thanks your great ideas has me thinking

OMG!! I totally forgot pugilist too :blink:

Mar 2 2016, 06:38 AM #6

Privateer @ Mar 2 2016, 05:47 AM wrote: OMG!! I totally forgot pugilist too :blink:
That's because it's a rubbish skill only useful for triggering traps.

Mar 9 2016, 05:18 AM #7

Looking for votes A or B Which dummy would you rather beat the cr@p out of?

Mar 9 2016, 04:03 PM #8

B sword and A body sounds teh best. i would not feel that good on beating up the already destroyed(B) njerpez

Mar 9 2016, 10:06 PM #9

B Sword for the Nerj scimitar

I think the A body overall as it appears to be wood. Though maybe do something to make it not look quite so closely like the Nerj on file. Maybe take the hair off the head.

the B body is all blood and gore like its made from a once living Nerjpez

Mar 9 2016, 10:10 PM #10

Brygun @ Mar 9 2016, 03:06 PM wrote: the B body is all blood and gore like its made from a once living Nerjpez
Thanks, and it is a bloody meat stack dummy that used to be a living Njerpez warrior.. Well actually three (3) once living Njerpez warriors <_<

Mar 9 2016, 10:11 PM #11

I vote for B, looks most like a dummy..
Think you're ready with the unreal world? Try and become a Shaman then! &#124;&#124; Download the URW-object reader

Mar 9 2016, 10:54 PM #12

The top post has been updated with a download link.

*NOTE* I've included both the dummies so you can decide for yourselves if you play the mod.
Dummy A is used by default (less gore) and is named &#092;truetile&#092;dummy1.png
Dummy B is also in the download (not used by default) is named &#092;truetile&#092;dummy2.png
Whichever one is named "dummy1.png" will be used by the mod.

I hope you enjoy it.. Now get out there and Kill those Njerpez!

Mar 18 2016, 11:04 PM #13

The mod doesn't recognize a good portion of the nj corpses and also will not allow me to begin training.

It gives a message that training dummy doesn't count as a training dummy. Also, if I kill a nj without damaging his body it won't let me sever any limbs as it must be a grisly njerpez corpse, or so it would seem.

Mar 18 2016, 11:16 PM #14

teapot156 @ Mar 18 2016, 04:04 PM wrote: The mod doesn't recognize a good portion of the nj corpses and also will not allow me to begin training.

It gives a message that training dummy doesn't count as a training dummy. Also, if I kill a nj without damaging his body it won't let me sever any limbs as it must be a grisly njerpez corpse, or so it would seem.
The mod (as written) only cares about Njerpez Warriors, no housewives or craftsmen, just Warriors.

There is a dummy (item) and a dummy frame (item) neither will work for training a skill.
What is the name of the item you are using to "try" weapon training?

The mod doesn't care about the damage condition of the njerpez warrior, just so long as it's dead.

Mar 19 2016, 02:33 AM #15

this is the error I get when I hold the dummy. In addition, it doesn't recognize the dummy if I leave it on the ground and stand on/ around it.

the problems with the njerpez corpses occur if I get a really clean kill (arrow to the face) on a warrior and the corpse isn't damaged.

It seems I can only use the kalma stuff on corpses that are "grisly wounded"'

Edit: I'm using the latest patch as of today

Also: I'm playing a character that was started on 3.30 and then I updated when the small patch came out but I didn't install your mod until 3.30 patch 1.