what ever happened to MR Edwards?

what ever happened to MR Edwards?

cara vermilion Larsen
cara vermilion Larsen

February 19th, 2003, 5:15 am #1

Just wanting to know if anyone knew if Mr. Edwards was still teaching? I have been out of the loop for awhile.
Hope all are surving this SNOW!! personally I have had enough!!! Make a good one!!!

David Gill
David Gill

March 7th, 2003, 9:26 pm #2

Cara,
mr eds is still around & about. i don't know if he's teaching anymore but he still takes care of my dad's lawn in the summer so i get to see him & shoot the shit. hope you are well...it's been years.
David Gill

Susan Valentine-Cooper
Susan Valentine-Cooper

March 16th, 2003, 2:52 pm #3

Just wanting to know if anyone knew if Mr. Edwards was still teaching? I have been out of the loop for awhile.
Hope all are surving this SNOW!! personally I have had enough!!! Make a good one!!!
"Eds" is still teaching and still reaching the kids. I had him in '78, My three children all graduted from UA and had him as a teacher in 1998, 2000, 2002. My daughter, class 2002, especially loved the dialogues in his class, and I always enjoyed visiting on parent's night. On a personal note, he used to tell them stories about his toddler grandson who was living with him. He lives a couple of blocks from us and I occaisionaly see him walking his dog.

Dave Lemmon
Dave Lemmon

March 16th, 2003, 7:39 pm #4

Eds probably had more influence on me than any other teacher I had at UAHS...even got me to do an extra-curricular activity in Leader's Club. Let's hope that some day they actually let the lunatics run the asylum and Eds can make policy!

Jenny Davis Whaley
Jenny Davis Whaley

March 28th, 2003, 9:51 pm #5

I'm just glad to hear that Eds is still alive and well, I couldn't agree more that he was very influential. I actually still find myself quoting him! He got me to do some volunteer work for Leaders Club as well-my Mom was always amazed that he could take something like Leaders Club and make it the "in" thing to do. What a great teacher!

Brady Sobota
Brady Sobota

March 2nd, 2005, 12:23 am #6

Yes, I still find myself smoking chalk from time to time.

Katherine Rechsteiner Clark

December 9th, 2005, 10:05 pm #7

Mr. Edwards was no doubt one of three memorable teachers I had. Mr. Wagner (Brit Lit) and Mr. Gill (German) being the other two. I'm so happy to hear he is doing well. I remember being invited to breakfast with him at Jimmy Deans, along with different kids from different cliques and he would talk to us about the pressures we were dealing with. He brought people together for a short time, even if they wouldn't talk to you in the halls later that same day. Love you Eds!! Loved the smoking chalk routine.

Marta Clark Mojzer
Marta Clark Mojzer

January 8th, 2006, 1:44 am #8

I remember Mr. Wagner of British Literature also as one of my favorites. He was so entertaining and his class was so much fun. I remember one time we had to dress up as a character from one of the books we read for a class party, and my friend, Karen Carlso, and I dressed up as a green horse from Sir Gawain (sp?) and the Green Knight.

January 31st, 2006, 6:28 pm #9

Mr. Wagner was passionate about what he did and it made me love learning about the literature. In all my life since high school I have come across very few people with a passion like his. What happened to him I wonder?