Thanks for your prayers and encouragements

Thanks for your prayers and encouragements

March 26th, 2012, 12:58 pm #1

Thanks for the many prayers and encouragements in my current health challange. My daughter has set up a Caring Bridge site with past and current posts. I hope it can be an encouragement to others who are facing challanges and to any who might be interested in checking it out.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philkorodi

March 27th, 2012, 7:39 pm #2

Hello, Phil -

I am sorry to hear that you are having a health issue, and on behalf of UAAA, I want to wish you well as you undergo the treatments for it.

I remember your name because my cousin, Ray Latham, was in your class. Were the two of you in Boy Scouts together, maybe? I just remember him talking about you.

I visited your Caring Bridge page and will follow it for further news about your recovery. I am sending all my best to you and to your family as well.

Ellen

Phil Korodi
Phil Korodi

March 28th, 2012, 10:08 am #3

Hello Ellen. Yes, I remember your cousin Ray very well. Always a positive attitude and the greatest smile. We had classes together over the years, and I'm pretty sure we were in Boy Scouts together. I last saw Ray at our 40th reunion. I was so sorry to hear of his passing in June, 2010. Thanks for your kind note.

April 1st, 2012, 12:33 pm #4

HI Phil -

Ray stayed active in Boy Scouts throughout his life, and worked diligently with the organization in Fairfield CT. His sons followed in their dad's footsteps and both earned the rank of Eagle Scout as well.

Do you remember how smart Ray was when it came to mechanical things? When we were very young, I remember that he would tell me stories about how, in our lifetime, doctors would be using light beams (lasers, as it turned out) to do surgery, and that at some point in the next 50 years, everyone would have a computer in their homes, and they would even be able to buy things through them. I was five years younger, and I thought Ray was out of his mind. It all sounded so Jetson-like to me! I asked Ray how someone could buy something through a computer, and he said that it was hard to explain (this is when I assumed that he was making it up! haha!) but that there would be this invisible network and that people's computers would hook into it. This was in about 1963, so you can imagine how insane I thought Ray had to be! haha!

As it turned out, his predictions were correct!

When Ray was a teenager, he devised a way to have nearly everything in his bedroom controlled by a central switchboard. He could turn lights on and off, and even rigged up some system for locking his bedroom door by pressing a button or flipping a switch - can't remember which. He'd sit on the bed, flip this switch, and his door would lock and the lights would go out - no need to get out of bed - ever!

He really did have a mechanical mind, and was very successful in his business life as a result, working in the computer industry. His company was forward-thinking and innovative, and Ray really left his mark with the cutting edge work his company did.

I'm glad you remember Ray. I clearly remember your name coming up in conversations.

I admire your strong faith, and I trust that it will help you as you go through the necessary steps to get well again. I am thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

Ellen