Sad news about Bruce Swords '82

Sad news about Bruce Swords '82

Randy Swords '79
Randy Swords '79

June 7th, 2002, 1:32 am #1

My brother, Bruce Swords, class of 1982, passed away peacefully on May 30, 2002 in Memphis, TN after a 2-1/2 year battle with lung cancer. He leaves behind his wife, Kathryn, 4 year old daughter Sara, and 2 year old son, John. Bruce was an investment banker, and was a managing director of Morgan Keegan in Memphis. He lived life to the fullest right up to his last days and was an inspiration to all of his family and friends. A celebration of life service will be held in Columbus on June 15, 10:30am, at St. John's Church, 59 E. Mound St.

June 7th, 2002, 8:33 pm #2

I am so sorry to hear about Bruce. This must be a terribly difficult time for you. Please accept my sympathies.

Ellen

Mary DeCesaro Cameron class of 1979
Mary DeCesaro Cameron class of 1979

June 10th, 2002, 11:51 am #3

My brother, Bruce Swords, class of 1982, passed away peacefully on May 30, 2002 in Memphis, TN after a 2-1/2 year battle with lung cancer. He leaves behind his wife, Kathryn, 4 year old daughter Sara, and 2 year old son, John. Bruce was an investment banker, and was a managing director of Morgan Keegan in Memphis. He lived life to the fullest right up to his last days and was an inspiration to all of his family and friends. A celebration of life service will be held in Columbus on June 15, 10:30am, at St. John's Church, 59 E. Mound St.
My prayers are with you and your family during this
difficult time.

~Mary

June 14th, 2002, 2:20 pm #4

I am sorry for your loss. As a result of all of the changes that have taken place in the World since attending school in Arlington, my school day memories seem to be a blur. However, when I saw that Bruce had passed away, I had vivid flashbacks of some of those school days. Even though I did not know Bruce that well, I considered him a friend. He seemed very kind, caring and unselfish. Still to this day I clearly recall his smile, laugh and sense of humor. I am sure that these will be very difficult times for you, but if possible, be thankful for the opportunity you had to share your life with him. I recently lost both of my parents, so I understand some of the things you are going through right now. Some things in life just don't seem to make sense. Once again, I am sorry about your loss.

Amy Prater Talbott
Amy Prater Talbott

June 15th, 2002, 4:23 pm #5

How difficult it must be for you and your family right now. I remember Bruce, mostly from 7th grade at Jones Junior High. He was in many of my classes that year; his locker was near mine, and I can picture him clearly right now. I am sure many people who are reading your post feel as I do - that all of us are so very sorry for your loss.

Paige McMullin Moseley
Paige McMullin Moseley

June 19th, 2002, 9:00 pm #6

I remember Bruce well from Junior High to High School. He was someone everyone liked and had such a friendly face and smile. Since I've been preparing to attend our 20 year class reunion, I can't help but think how much he will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and know he will be thought of at our reunion.

Sincerely,

Paige McMullin Moseley