Large Democrat voice in UA

Large Democrat voice in UA

Jim Barton
Jim Barton

August 15th, 2008, 2:14 pm #1

I was riding through UA yesterday and noticed a very large number of UA for Obama signs. I then started trying to find a McCain sign and never did spot a single one. Has UA become a large Democrat stronghold or is the Republican voice just very muted and unorganized? I was just wondering, I don't really want to debate the merits of either candidate I was more interested in the collective politics of UA.

Jim

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 18th, 2008, 12:47 pm #2

Maybe Republicans just don't like to trash up their yard!

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2008, 1:11 pm #3

WOW, that's a classic FOX Noise comment, useless.

Jim Barton
Jim Barton

August 21st, 2008, 10:13 pm #4

Your comment however seems very well thought out.

Jim (not anonymous)

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 22nd, 2008, 11:31 pm #5

in November 2004, UA went 54%-45% for Bush over Kerry........

however, the region south of Lane Avenue went for Kerry 51-49.........

those are the only hard numbers I know about......

Jim Barton
Jim Barton

August 23rd, 2008, 4:11 am #6

Thank you for the numbers, they're interesting.

Jim

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 23rd, 2008, 3:44 pm #7

The dam will break this Nov, 2008.
Good bye GOP. SEEE YAAAA!!

UA Resident
UA Resident

August 25th, 2008, 2:31 am #8

I was riding through UA yesterday and noticed a very large number of UA for Obama signs. I then started trying to find a McCain sign and never did spot a single one. Has UA become a large Democrat stronghold or is the Republican voice just very muted and unorganized? I was just wondering, I don't really want to debate the merits of either candidate I was more interested in the collective politics of UA.

Jim
I haven't trashed up my yard because I haven't yet decided for whom I will cast my vote. The conventions haven't happened yet and I haven't had a chance to evaluate all of the candidates running for president. I like to be an informed voter - not one who simply votes the party line. Quite frankly, this election has been going on for so long I have been quite sick of the whole thing for at least a year. I'll tune in around the first of October. Sorry - I'm too busy going to work every day and running my business so I can "donate" something like 60% of my net income in taxes to whatever clowns happen to be in charge. Yes - I'm one of the "evil rich" people that politicians like to excoriate who creates jobs by being a small business owner. I'll accept the "evil" part, but take exception to the "rich" part. I'd love to be able to create more jobs and would be happy to do so - but my tax bill is too high. It's bigger than my house payment, car payment, and all utilities combined - not to mention the payment on the small business loan I took out. So, I guess I'll just have to go in again tomorrow and work my 10-12 hours so I can pay the people I do employ. The guy or gal who promises to slash my taxes to say - 40% - has my vote. Haven't heard that speech yet.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 25th, 2008, 12:01 pm #9

Bob Barr is your man, please vote for him. LOL.

Steve
Steve

September 14th, 2008, 10:25 pm #10

Jim
The Republican party in Ohio is in state of total disarray. They seemed to take for granted that anyone who lives in a $400K house must be a Republican, and as a result, the area (as well as the 15th Congressional District) has moved steadily to the left for several election cycles. Current Congresswoman Deborah Pryce decided not to seek re-election since she nearly got voted out in 2006.

At UA Labor Day, there were Obama organizers everywhere. Nowhere did I see a McCain t-shirt, pin, hat, nada. I'm a Republican, but if we can't shore up the vote in a place like UA, we deserve to lose.

Thanks a lot, GWB. Good riddance.