Jay Anstaett class of '74

Jay Anstaett class of '74

Bob Vance
Bob Vance

March 18th, 2012, 1:10 am #1

Sad news as Jay Anstaett passed away on February 29th this year. After 38 years, he still holds the school record for the 2 mile run running it in 9:09 when he won that race at the state track meet his senior year. Always a smile on that guys face and he will be greatly missed.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 18th, 2012, 1:25 pm #2

Sorry for the sad news. That's a nice and impressive 2 mile run, long standing record at UA.

I can't find ANY Upper Arlington Track and Field/ Cross Country, ALL TIME High School Records anywhere?
I would assume, the Track and Field Team, Coach, would have some site or place to find these Records?
Is it possible for the UA site, to add this to a Track and Field link in this site or the master site?
Other UA teams have sites. Why doesn't the UA Track and Field Team have a site?
I believe the same coach has been there for over 30 years, and it would be nice to have the Records posted.

Thank you,

Ellen Clark
Ellen Clark

March 18th, 2012, 11:51 pm #3

Hi,

It is up to each team to have a web site, if they wish. It's difficult sometimes to find someone who is willing to exert the energy and spend the time on it, and paying someone can be a challenge.

On the UA GoldenBears.com web site, there is a page for Track & Field and it lists 1937 and 1938 state championships, but nothing in the way of all time records. If someone would assemble a PDF of that information, I could easily link to it from that page.

http://uagoldenbears.com/TrackField.htm

Is this something that you might consider doing?

If you reply, could you please use your real name? Thank you!

Ellen

Bob Vance
Bob Vance

March 20th, 2012, 12:34 am #4

Sad news as Jay Anstaett passed away on February 29th this year. After 38 years, he still holds the school record for the 2 mile run running it in 9:09 when he won that race at the state track meet his senior year. Always a smile on that guys face and he will be greatly missed.
The current Upper Arlington High School track and field records are posted outside the Freshman gym. Jay's record and the records of other track and field athletes that have stood the test of time have been transfered from yards to meters. The kids now run 3200 meters, slightly less than 2 miles. Jay's time is figured to be 9:07 and change for 3200 meters. Of course this is just one of his many fine accomplishments in life.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 20th, 2012, 12:43 am #5

Hello, and thank you.
Yes, I'm aware the records are posted at UA High School; but being out of the state for years now; I don't get back to Upper Arlington much if any.
Maybe the coach or assistant, can make a site for just the Track and Field Records.
If not, it's really not a big deal.
I just feel it would show respect for the athletes as like his. Many have stood for several decades and still do.
For a Divison 1 School, that's exceptional.

Bob Vance
Bob Vance

March 22nd, 2012, 3:31 am #6

You have a good point. I will mention it to the track coaches this spring. Although not ever posted, and probably never run anymore, I'll have to see if they know if the '73 medley relay record was ever beat. That was a 440-220-220-880 event run back in the day. I ran the 880.

Bob Vance
Bob Vance

March 22nd, 2012, 3:31 am #7

Hello, and thank you.
Yes, I'm aware the records are posted at UA High School; but being out of the state for years now; I don't get back to Upper Arlington much if any.
Maybe the coach or assistant, can make a site for just the Track and Field Records.
If not, it's really not a big deal.
I just feel it would show respect for the athletes as like his. Many have stood for several decades and still do.
For a Divison 1 School, that's exceptional.
You have a good point. I will mention it to the track coaches this spring. Although not ever posted, and probably never run anymore, I'll have to see if they know if the '73 medley relay record was ever beat. That was a 440-220-220-880 event run back in the day. I ran the 880.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 15th, 2012, 6:38 pm #8

Bob Vance,

any word on if the coaches will upload a Cross Country and Track and Field All time records page, for UA High School on this site or a UA site?

Bob Vance
Bob Vance

April 26th, 2012, 4:20 am #9

Right now Coach Hartney is busy with the current track season. I have not as of yet had a chance to talk to him about your idea. I will bring it up when the time is right. I think it's a good idea.

Are you an alum of U.A.H.S.? By your respnse, it seems you didn't know Jay Anstaett. I wrote a bit about him under the initial heading of "Disgusted..."

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 23rd, 2012, 4:36 pm #10

Hey,
how many runners we got going to the state meet for a Division 1 team and a coach being there for decades, literally?
Any word on the simple uploading of a Track and Field site to show long standing decade records for the UA Track and Field Teams?
We just ran our fastest. We did our job.
Doesn't seem like a tall order.