Desert Island Albums...

Desert Island Albums...

JP '84
JP '84

July 2nd, 2005, 2:25 pm #1

You are stranded on a desert island...you have your choice of 3 albums...what are they? I'll take "Imperial Bedroom" E.Costello, "Houses of the Holy" L.Zeppelin, "Paul's Boutique" Beastie Boys. I WILL use your responses on my radio show up here in New Hampshire... www.rock101fm.com
"johnny costello" check it out we are streaming....

Sheri ('85)
Sheri ('85)

July 5th, 2005, 12:56 am #2

Hey, JP! How's it going up there in New Hampshire! Glad things are going well for you. So far as my three (and in random order) ...

Queen - Classic Queen

The Glengarry Bhoys (Celtic Rock) - my own personal compilation of their albums

Latin Rock - a compilation of latin dance music

Take care of yourself!

Sal
Sal

July 5th, 2005, 2:51 am #3

You are stranded on a desert island...you have your choice of 3 albums...what are they? I'll take "Imperial Bedroom" E.Costello, "Houses of the Holy" L.Zeppelin, "Paul's Boutique" Beastie Boys. I WILL use your responses on my radio show up here in New Hampshire... www.rock101fm.com
Only 3? Darn. That makes it tough.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band -- Beatles

We're Only In It For the Money -- Mothers of Invention

Fresh Cream -- Cream

I guess that's it. In about 5 minutes I'll think of 3 different ones.

Candi
Candi

July 5th, 2005, 10:39 pm #4

Best of the Doors
The Beatles White album
Best of Bread

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 7th, 2005, 3:32 am #5

carole king ...Tapestry

Woodstock

sgt. Peppers

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 7th, 2005, 7:16 am #6

"Not a Pretty Girl" by Ani DiFranco
"Time Capsule: Songs for a Future Generation" by the B-52's.
"You Were Here" by Sarah Harmer (an underappreciated, unheard album that everyone should hear)

I'm excluding "When You Get Drunk...I'll be the Wine," a collection of Whitesnake, Rush, Journey and Def Leppard songs made by a friend, because (very sadly) you can't really buy a copy anywhere. But anything that starts with Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" and "Always" and ends with Rockwell's "Somebody's Watchin' Me" is tops in my book.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2005, 6:21 pm #7

Hmmm... let's see...

1) Fleetwood Mac, Dreams
2) Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense
3) Moby, Play

are you sure I can only take three?

Mitch
Mitch

July 12th, 2005, 2:28 pm #8

Get Your Ya Ya's Out, Rolling Stones
Bless Its Pointed Little Head, Jefferson Airplane
Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix

JP '84
JP '84

July 12th, 2005, 11:35 pm #9

Don't be afraid to identify yourself....I won't use any last names on my radio show.....

David Wood '88
David Wood '88

July 14th, 2005, 5:03 pm #10

U2 - Joshua Tree
U2 - October
U2 - War

and if I can squeeze in a fourth album,

U2 - Boy