Class 87 reunion

Class 87 reunion

Cherie
Cherie

January 9th, 2007, 9:04 pm #1

Anyone know who is in charge of our twentieth? I wondered what would be going on so I could make travel plans. There isnt anything posted. Gracias!

January 10th, 2007, 11:35 pm #2

Hi Cherie -

We at the UAAA Office have not yet heard from anyone who is volunteering to chair your reunion. What a great class, though.

The last class I taught at Barrington (1980-81) graduated from UAHS in 1987, so I am very fond of this group. These are the students I had - and I'm sure you know lots of them:

Beth Almoney, Suzy Blubaugh, David Brant, Aaron Buckley, Tim Crawford, Mark Cummings, Julie Erdy, Molly Ferris, Bill Gentner, Chris Jensen, Pam Line, Heidi Lucks, Shannon McHam, Hilary McKee, Julie McKitrick, Tom Miller, Scott Morgan, Laura Newberry, John Newman, Sheilah O'Donnel, Bill Redding, John Schultz, Rick Schultz, Jim Thomas, David Uldricks, Jeff Vance, John Vargo, and Matt Wilcox.

We were called "Clark's Superfine 29," a name made up by Mark Cummings. 29 kids packed into that second floor room at Barrington! We had blue t-shirts with our class nameon them and wore them often - remember?

That was also the year I discovered I was expecting our first son, Bill, who is now 25. This wonderful class went together and had a baby shower for my husband and me, and I'm telling you ... no teacher could have asked for a more caring and thoughtful class. The shower was at Laura Newberry's house and the kids had a HUGE cut-out stork there, with a pile of beautiful gifts. Several of the kiddos ended up being babysitters for us as time went on.

Cherie, you were in Mr. Snyder's class and you, too, had a nickname for your class - but I can't remember what it was. Do you remember? More importantly, can you still wear your t-shirt? haha!

I hope you have a terrific reunion! I'll let you know as soon as I find out who is chairing it.

Here's photo from my scrapbook of Clark's Superfine 29! Can you identify any of the students?

Last edited by Punky517 on January 19th, 2007, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pam (Line) Perkins
Pam (Line) Perkins

January 11th, 2007, 12:38 am #3

Anyone know who is in charge of our twentieth? I wondered what would be going on so I could make travel plans. There isnt anything posted. Gracias!
Ok, so what does it mean if I can't figure out which one is me??!!
Wow! What a picture! Thanks for digging it out of the archives for us!
There is absolutely NO WAY any of us were ever that young!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 11th, 2007, 8:57 pm #4

what are you talking about, geeezzz?

Cherie
Cherie

January 12th, 2007, 2:20 pm #5

Hi Cherie -

We at the UAAA Office have not yet heard from anyone who is volunteering to chair your reunion. What a great class, though.

The last class I taught at Barrington (1980-81) graduated from UAHS in 1987, so I am very fond of this group. These are the students I had - and I'm sure you know lots of them:

Beth Almoney, Suzy Blubaugh, David Brant, Aaron Buckley, Tim Crawford, Mark Cummings, Julie Erdy, Molly Ferris, Bill Gentner, Chris Jensen, Pam Line, Heidi Lucks, Shannon McHam, Hilary McKee, Julie McKitrick, Tom Miller, Scott Morgan, Laura Newberry, John Newman, Sheilah O'Donnel, Bill Redding, John Schultz, Rick Schultz, Jim Thomas, David Uldricks, Jeff Vance, John Vargo, and Matt Wilcox.

We were called "Clark's Superfine 29," a name made up by Mark Cummings. 29 kids packed into that second floor room at Barrington! We had blue t-shirts with our class nameon them and wore them often - remember?

That was also the year I discovered I was expecting our first son, Bill, who is now 25. This wonderful class went together and had a baby shower for my husband and me, and I'm telling you ... no teacher could have asked for a more caring and thoughtful class. The shower was at Laura Newberry's house and the kids had a HUGE cut-out stork there, with a pile of beautiful gifts. Several of the kiddos ended up being babysitters for us as time went on.

Cherie, you were in Mr. Snyder's class and you, too, had a nickname for your class - but I can't remember what it was. Do you remember? More importantly, can you still wear your t-shirt? haha!

I hope you have a terrific reunion! I'll let you know as soon as I find out who is chairing it.

Here's photo from my scrapbook of Clark's Superfine 29! Can you identify any of the students?

Thanks for all the memories Ellen (I still feel like I need to call you Ms. Clark). I dont remember our nickname, but as you know, I loved Mr. Snyder. He was a great teacher and fostered a love in science that I still have. I remember your class well and I remember how all the 6th grade girls thought you were so beautiful and hip and all the boys had crushes on you! How funny to remember that. Camp Otyakwa was a blast.

I would have been happy to help plan if I lived anywhere near Columbus, but I am in Idaho and I think this really falls on those that live there. I hope someone steps up soon or it may not come together very easily!
Take care~
Cherie

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 13th, 2007, 2:51 pm #6

what are you talking about, geeezzz?
My bad sorry, wrong message, nothing to do with your Pam post.

January 19th, 2007, 4:25 am #7

Ok, so what does it mean if I can't figure out which one is me??!!
Wow! What a picture! Thanks for digging it out of the archives for us!
There is absolutely NO WAY any of us were ever that young!!
That's you in the 4th row, far left. Okay, I know you don't want to accept that, but it's YOU! haha!

You were beautiful then and you're GORGEOUS now! Wait till everyone sees you at the reunion this summer!

Ellen

January 19th, 2007, 4:27 am #8

Thanks for all the memories Ellen (I still feel like I need to call you Ms. Clark). I dont remember our nickname, but as you know, I loved Mr. Snyder. He was a great teacher and fostered a love in science that I still have. I remember your class well and I remember how all the 6th grade girls thought you were so beautiful and hip and all the boys had crushes on you! How funny to remember that. Camp Otyakwa was a blast.

I would have been happy to help plan if I lived anywhere near Columbus, but I am in Idaho and I think this really falls on those that live there. I hope someone steps up soon or it may not come together very easily!
Take care~
Cherie
I remember you so well - and please DO call me "Ellen." I can't have people your age calling me "Mrs. Clark"! Bad for my ego.

Mr. Snyder is doing great and he was very fond of you, too, as you know. As I recall, you and Mr. Snyder's daughter were good buddies too.

Jim and Susan spend their winters in Florida and both of them are really active at the Nature Conservancy down there - not surprising, huh?

I hope all is fabulous with you!

Ellen

Dave Lemmon
Dave Lemmon

January 20th, 2007, 5:39 pm #9

Going to this one as my first reunion, so looking forward to seeing all those faces 20 years later.

Cherie
Cherie

January 20th, 2007, 7:26 pm #10

So Dave, would you then be willing to chair the reunion or know someone in Columbus who would? I would be able to help from distance, but obviously can't do very much from here.
Cherie