Christine Ann (Wheeler) McKinney, Class of '69

Christine Ann (Wheeler) McKinney, Class of '69

Vera Spencer
Vera Spencer

July 28th, 2012, 3:58 pm #1

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that Chris passed away on 7/28/12 from complications of COPD. She leaves behind her husband, Loren and five children - Wenona Stankiewicz Wicklinski (UA Class of 1989), Joe Stankiewicz (UA Class of 91), Phillip, Josuha and Elizabeth McKinney from Lexington, Ohio. She was one of six children - all of whom graduated from UA - Helen Wheeler Swanson ('61), Dewey Wheeler ('67), Vera Wheeler Spencer ('72), Collin Wheeler ('73) and Bill Wheeler ('78). She will be greatly missed.

July 29th, 2012, 10:21 pm #2

Thank you for letting us know. I am SO sorry to hear this. Chris was in my class (1969) and we loved her. She will be missed.

Ellen

Ellen Isaly Clark, UAHS 1969
President, Upper Arlington Alumni Association
Bearalums.com
614-457-7540
614-565-4353 Cell
eic517@columbus.rr.com

July 29th, 2012, 10:40 pm #3

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that Chris passed away on 7/28/12 from complications of COPD. She leaves behind her husband, Loren and five children - Wenona Stankiewicz Wicklinski (UA Class of 1989), Joe Stankiewicz (UA Class of 91), Phillip, Josuha and Elizabeth McKinney from Lexington, Ohio. She was one of six children - all of whom graduated from UA - Helen Wheeler Swanson ('61), Dewey Wheeler ('67), Vera Wheeler Spencer ('72), Collin Wheeler ('73) and Bill Wheeler ('78). She will be greatly missed.
Vera - would you be so kind as to let me know the dfetails of Chris' calling hours and services? Is there a link to an obituary to which I could link from UA69.com?

I have posted a message about Chris on the Announcements page of UA69.com. This is so sad.

Ellen

Pam67
Pam67

July 31st, 2012, 6:35 pm #4

WHEELER-MCKINNEY Christine Ann Wheeler-McKinney, age 61, went to be with her Savior on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at her home. She died of a broken heart and COPD, due to a 40 year smoking habit. Christine was born June 9,1951 at White Cross Hospital (Riverside) in Columbus, Ohio, the daughter of the late Vera (STOKES) Wheeler. A 1969 graduate of Upper Arlington High School, Christine worked for General Motors for 30 years in Parma, Lordstown and Mansfield. Christine retired from GM in 2008 and started a company called Appletree Cabinet in Lexington. One of her most precious moments, other than witnessing her children's "firsts", was being born again and baptized in 2004. She was very active with Boy Scout Troop 152 in Lexington and helped five Eagle Scouts with their Courts of Honor. Christine raised a family of five, with three of them being raised at Hillcrest Farm, the Lawrence/McKinney family farm, in Lexington. Besides being a talented seamstress, she enjoyed canning produce from the garden, writing short stories and poems, and raising chickens. However, her greatest joy by far was delighting in her children. She is survived by her husband, a man she loved dearly for 28 years, Loren J. McKinney of Lexington; her children, Wenona (Scott) Wichlinski and their children, Cameron and Eli, of Powell; Joseph Stankiewicz and his children, Tatum and Mathias, of Lexington; Phillip McKinney, fianceé Morgan Brooks and their daughter, Kiersten, of Plain City; Joshua McKinney of Lexington; Elizabeth (Matthew) Taylor, of Lexington. The middle child of six, she is also survived by the best brothers and sisters a sibling could have, Helen (Gary) Swanson of Chicago; Dewey (Sandy) Wheeler of California; Vera (Jim) Spencer of Marysville; Collin (Linda) Wheeler, (whom she regarded a sister by love), of Grandview and William Wheeler of Texas, along with numerous nieces and nephews. Also surviving is the most wonderful mother by love (mother-in-law), Betty McKinney of Shelby; and cherished friends, Cindee Shealy and Sheila Kennard. She was preceded in death by very dear mother and fathers by love (mother and fathers-in-law), Maria and Antoni Stankiewicz, and Dale McKinney. Friends may call on Tuesday July 31, 2012 from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at the TURNER FUNERAL HOME, 168 West Main Street, Shelby, where funeral services will be conducted at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday August 1, 2012 by Rev. Jeff Pennington of Grace Bretheren Church in Galion. Memorial expressions may be made to Boy Scout Troop 152. To share a memory or leave a condolence, please visit www.turnerfuneralhomeshelby.com
Published in The Columbus Dispatch on July 30, 2012