Barbara Ayres, Class of '64

Barbara Ayres, Class of '64

December 22nd, 2011, 8:47 am #1

My amazing sister, Barb, died at 11:11 this morning, 12-21-2011, after a freak choking accident last night. This is a crushing blow to our family and to the countless people whose lives she touched. We will be lost without her brilliant light in the dark days to come. How fitting that she left this life on the darkest day of the year.

A memorial service will be planned for a later date. Please contact me at: Susie.Squillions@gmail.com if you would like to be notified when the date is set.

[/IMG]
Last edited by Susan_Ayres_Lynch on December 22nd, 2011, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pam67
Pam67

December 28th, 2011, 7:15 pm #2

I'm so sorry for your loss.

January 2nd, 2012, 9:18 pm #3

My amazing sister, Barb, died at 11:11 this morning, 12-21-2011, after a freak choking accident last night. This is a crushing blow to our family and to the countless people whose lives she touched. We will be lost without her brilliant light in the dark days to come. How fitting that she left this life on the darkest day of the year.

A memorial service will be planned for a later date. Please contact me at: Susie.Squillions@gmail.com if you would like to be notified when the date is set.

[/IMG]
Dear Sue,

I am so very sorry about Barb - this is terrible. I have such memories of the Ayres Family and your lovely home thereon Arlington Avenue, right at the Tremont Road split.I grew up on Arlington Avenue, so I went past your house often on my bike or roller skates, and there was usually a member of the Ayres Family out there who would wave to me.

My cousin Ray Latham, also from the Class of 1964, was a good friend of Barb's and I am certain that he had a serious crush on her for years back in junior high and high school, but was too shy to do anything about it. Sadly, Ray passed away in June, 2010. It is so hard to believe that Barb is gone now, too.

Please accept our condolences on this tragic loss. Barb was a wonderful person, a happy and cheerful soul who will be terribly missed.

Ellen

Sue Ayres Lynch
Sue Ayres Lynch

January 3rd, 2012, 6:30 am #4

Thank you so much, Ellen. I just replied to your e-mail message, which touched me more deeply than you might ever know.

Barb's service will be at Eastminster Presbyterian Church on East Broad St. on Saturday, January 14th at 3:00 PM. I hope you will be able to attend.

Thank you again for your lovely message, and for taking the time to reach out to our family.

Sue Ayres Lynch
Sue Ayres Lynch

January 3rd, 2012, 6:31 am #5

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you. this is a difficult time for our family, and your expression of sympathy helps us to feel less alone.

Sue Ayres Lynch
Sue Ayres Lynch

January 3rd, 2012, 6:34 am #6

[/IMG]
Barb's memorial service:

When: Saturday, January 14, 2012. 3:00 PM

Where: Eastminster Presbyterian Church
http://eastminsterchurch.homestead.com/
3100 East Broad Street
Corner of Harding and East Broad
Columbus, Ohio
614-235-1137

Sue Ayres Lynch
Sue Ayres Lynch

January 10th, 2012, 12:05 pm #7

[/IMG]
Here's a link to Barb's obituary, tribute wall, video slide show, photos and other information.

http://www.schoedinger.com/obituaries/B ... #/Obituary

Her memorial service will be at 3:00 PM on Saturday, January 14th at:
Eastminster Presbyterian Church
3100 E. Broad St. (at Harding Av.)

February 13th, 2012, 7:21 pm #8

[/IMG]
Barb made school fun. Any class we shared was always just a bit more special. She was a warm, happy person, and will be missed by all who knew her.