The Obstructed View Thread

Read and discuss the weekly guest columns on the website as well as the UOTM Radio broadcast.

The Obstructed View Thread

16 Dec 2006, 05:47 #1

Here is the Obstructed View Thread.

A new Obstructed View is available as of 12/16/06

Stop onto the website, read Obstructed View and make your comments here.

Up On The Monster

16 Dec 2006, 12:34 #2

:rofl: Brilliant (!), Started - some of your finest work, indeed!
It's so nice to see A-Rod being so welcoming to the new, er... old, players. Perhaps just for kicks (literally) they should make him captain...

"Anything not worth swearing about isn't worth doing. " - Rominer, 11/10/09
There's no pink in baseball.

16 Dec 2006, 15:48 #3

As always, you don't disappoint Started. The visual of Johnson rolling around in his tobacco spittle is priceless.
:rofl:
"Maybe you heard about this: Randy Johnson, used to play for the Diamondbacks, came to play for the New York Yankees -- well, he's been traded back to the Diamondbacks. It's crazy. So, now this season, the oldest, most overpriced thing at Yankee Stadium will be the hot dogs."
-- David Letterman

16 Dec 2006, 21:59 #4

Clicked the website link...read the title... :lol: :rofl: :lol: :clap: :thumbup:

Going back to read the rest. :rolleyes:

edit:

Ya done it agin, Started! :beer:

"“Although, we’re giving Sox veteran Bill Lee his choice of any seat in the park whenever Nettles plays,” he said. ...
Speaking from his home in Vermont, Lee simply said “Oh, I’ll be there alright.” :clap: :clap: :clap:
""Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona." widely attributed.

16 Dec 2006, 22:27 #5

Damon will still get hurt more than any of those guys, but he won't mind.
They're here. Every April, they're here. At 1:05 or at 7:05, there is a game. And if it gets rained out, guess what? They make it up to you.

18 Dec 2006, 05:22 #6

Thanks for the kudos, folks! :D I've been away from the computer for the last day and a half because of big-time family holiday stuff, including our Christmas party, and I finally met my daughter's boyfriend, the Yankee fan.

Best line of the night came from Mrs Started, to my daughter, with her BF in attendance: "He's breathing through his nose; are you SURE he's a Yankee fan?" :lol:

But the kid has a good sense of humor and didn't mind the good-natured, all-in-fun ribbing.

Best party we've had in a while....and things have been so hectic around here that this is the FIRST time I've gotten on the computer since, well, Sat morning, if memory serves me....
"...why so serious!?..."

18 Dec 2006, 19:55 #7

Extra dinny work as usual... ;cheers:

Some things in baseball cannot be measured by stats.. the heart of a player or the way your heart has been touched by them

19 Dec 2006, 02:37 #8

Good stuff there, Started :thumbup:

Made me wonder if perhaps we could steal a page from Steinis book and sneak Sparky Lyle back in to Boston before Georgie Boy snags him ...closer problem solved
:rofl:
OK boys who will be the hero today ????

19 Dec 2006, 04:28 #9

:silly: I get to exhibit a good use of this emoticon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Another creative piece Started. Here's hoping the Haitians do as much for Steinbrenner as Contreras did :D .
"Baseball? It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat. Yet as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes. It's a sport, business-and sometimes almost even religion." ~ Ernie Harwell

20 Dec 2006, 05:07 #10

A Christmas Obstructed View is available on the website 12/20/06

Up On The Monster