general

Joined: Feb 27 2008, 05:28 AM

Oct 6 2016, 10:45 PM #1

Haley's message. He's actually getting like-able.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/hanley ... ox-nation/


Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Dec 10 2006, 01:35 AM

Oct 7 2016, 12:02 AM #2

Free Agent Blogger @ Oct 6 2016, 05:45 PM wrote: Haley's message. He's actually getting like-able.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/hanley ... ox-nation/
Awesome, thank you. :thumbup:
""Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona." widely attributed.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Dec 10 2006, 01:35 AM

Oct 25 2016, 07:12 PM #3

Front Office Changes

Speier asks good questions.

I feel uneasy about losing too many people who appear to have done a great job.

Dombrowski's on the clock.
""Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona." widely attributed.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Mar 20 2007, 08:55 PM

Oct 26 2016, 12:49 AM #4

Offbase @ Oct 25 2016, 11:12 AM wrote:
Dombrowski's on the clock.
He has some answers to these questions. (Although, the unedited quotes do not give the clearest picture in the world)
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston ... nt-office/
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Dec 10 2006, 01:35 AM

Oct 26 2016, 01:30 AM #5

rominer @ Oct 25 2016, 07:49 PM wrote:
Offbase @ Oct 25 2016, 11:12 AM wrote:
Dombrowski's on the clock.
He has some answers to these questions. (Although, the unedited quotes do not give the clearest picture in the world)
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston ... nt-office/
Decent answers as far as staying in house with promotions. But it read more like reassurance spin than real confidence in the in house people. We'll see.
""Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona." widely attributed.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Mar 20 2007, 08:55 PM

Oct 26 2016, 01:44 AM #6

Offbase @ Oct 25 2016, 05:30 PM wrote:
Decent answers as far as staying in house with promotions. But it read more like reassurance spin than real confidence in the in house people. We'll see.
I think maybe you can spin it as:

"We have a couple of guys who have a lot of talent and potential, but not enough experience to hold the General Manager title. We don't want to build a glass ceiling over them by bringing in someone above them, though, because these are guys that we want to continue to develop and keep in Boston long-term."

Or you can just spin it as:

"I don't really need a GM, since that's basically what I do anyway."

I don't know. If the Red Sox win their next World Series before the Cubs do, then it will all have been the right answer.
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Feb 27 2008, 05:28 AM

Nov 19 2016, 05:36 AM #7

Josh Rutledge signed by Colorado. (Minor league but spring training invite).


Quote
Like
Share

Joined: Feb 27 2008, 05:28 AM

Dec 22 2016, 12:44 PM #8

LOL, I'm bored but this is such a great pic:



Quote
Like
Share