A-Rod May Be a Red Sock Afterall...

A-Rod May Be a Red Sock Afterall...

14 Jul 2007, 17:23 #1

Red Sox still warm for A-Rod
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BY BILL MADDEN and MARK FEINSAND
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Saturday, July 14th 2007, 4:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ST. PETERSBURG - The Yankees' loss could be the Red Sox's gain this fall if Alex Rodriguez decides to opt out of his contract and become a free agent.

The Bombers have told A-Rod and his agent, Scott Boras, that they have no plans to become part of the bidding process if Rodriguez elects to become a free agent, but multiple baseball sources believe the Red Sox will make a huge push to add the two-time American League MVP if he becomes available.

The Red Sox nearly brought A-Rod to Boston in December 2003, but the deal fell through because Rodriguez's contract would have had to be restructured in order for it to happen, prompting the union to reject it.

One baseball source told the Daily News that Red Sox team president Larry Lucchino has wanted Rodriguez in a Boston uniform ever since the original deal collapsed, even after he was traded to the team's hated rival.

"Lucchino has never stopped wanting him," the source said.

Boston would have little trouble coming up with the money to pay Rodriguez, who likely will command a six- to eight-year contract worth $180 million-$240 million...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... rod-2.html

Whaddya's all think?
Ready for a winning streak...

14 Jul 2007, 17:29 #2

Sox Sweep Again @ Jul 14 2007, 12:23 PM wrote: Red Sox still warm for A-Rod
BY BILL MADDEN and MARK FEINSAND
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Saturday, July 14th 2007, 4:00 AM

ST. PETERSBURG - The Yankees' loss could be the Red Sox's gain this fall if Alex Rodriguez decides to opt out of his contract and become a free agent.

The Bombers have told A-Rod and his agent, Scott Boras, that they have no plans to become part of the bidding process if Rodriguez elects to become a free agent, but multiple baseball sources believe the Red Sox will make a huge push to add the two-time American League MVP if he becomes available.

The Red Sox nearly brought A-Rod to Boston in December 2003, but the deal fell through because Rodriguez's contract would have had to be restructured in order for it to happen, prompting the union to reject it.

One baseball source told the Daily News that Red Sox team president Larry Lucchino has wanted Rodriguez in a Boston uniform ever since the original deal collapsed, even after he was traded to the team's hated rival.

"Lucchino has never stopped wanting him," the source said.

Boston would have little trouble coming up with the money to pay Rodriguez, who likely will command a six- to eight-year contract worth $180 million-$240 million...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... rod-2.html

Whaddya's all think?
...uh... nono
Pride is what separates excellence from mediocrity

14 Jul 2007, 18:15 #3

Someone said that Arod would never come to Boston where he has been so disreected. Who has disrpected him more than the hate from the fans and the press last year and his team allowing his picture on the cover of SI, "The lonely Yankee" . So now Cashman is disrespecting him too. I am so hoping that the season he has been having ends with a great big "good bye &fuck you New York" I will say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
They're here. Every April, they're here. At 1:05 or at 7:05, there is a game. And if it gets rained out, guess what? They make it up to you.

14 Jul 2007, 20:23 #4

macs3rd @ Jul 14 2007, 01:15 PM wrote: Someone said that Arod would never come to Boston where he has been so disreected. Who has disrpected him more than the hate from the fans and the press last year and his team allowing his picture on the cover of SI, "The lonely Yankee" . So now Cashman is disrespecting him too. I am so hoping that the season he has been having ends with a great big "good bye &fuck you New York" I will say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
arod 8 years?
FUCK THE YANKEES

14 Jul 2007, 20:23 #5

i hate to say it but if the seaon ended to day arod would be the mvp he has single handedly kept the mfy out of the basement, unlike NY , if you huslt and play hard here you get cheered regardless

それは再度始まる

14 Jul 2007, 20:55 #6

tracey @ Jul 14 2007, 03:23 PM wrote:
macs3rd @ Jul 14 2007, 01:15 PM wrote: Someone said that Arod would never come to Boston where he has been so disreected. Who has disrpected him more than the hate from the fans and the press last year and his team allowing his picture on the cover of SI, "The lonely Yankee" .  So now  Cashman is disrespecting him too.  I am so hoping that the season he has been having ends with a great big "good bye &fuck you New York"  I will say :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
arod 8 years?
My point isn't about where he might go. I'd be glad if he flipped off the NYY and their fans on the way out.
They're here. Every April, they're here. At 1:05 or at 7:05, there is a game. And if it gets rained out, guess what? They make it up to you.

14 Jul 2007, 21:14 #7

I think he'll become another bad contract we can't unload. Yes, he's playing well but his lack of integrity and discretion coupled with his "unclutchness" don't sit well with me. He seems like a club house cancer type, big stick or no. (I'm betting no ;)).

14 Jul 2007, 22:11 #8

Sox Sweep Again @ Jul 14 2007, 01:23 PM wrote: Whaddya's all think?
nono nono nono nono barf
""Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona." widely attributed.

14 Jul 2007, 22:15 #9

Offbase @ Jul 14 2007, 05:11 PM wrote:
Sox Sweep Again @ Jul 14 2007, 01:23 PM wrote: Whaddya's all think?
nono nono nono nono barf
if the sox did go after arod i assume manny is hasta la vista,so it boils down to manny vs arod,id want to see what manny produces the rest of the year,bearing in mind we only have one more year with manny and the contract.
FUCK THE YANKEES

14 Jul 2007, 22:16 #10

:confused: It totally blows my mind. Some were wanting to have Clemens back, but the Arod bashing has been alot worse, I think. Anyine know of other situations where a player so unpopular has been traded to the place where he was really really unpopular. Does it depend on performance? Anyone know similar moves that have been made???