Time to dress Walter

Time to dress Walter

March 25th, 2012, 3:57 pm #1

After the circus showed up in Kennewick on Saturday night the Ams really need to be ready for the Silvertwits on Tuesday and should counter with putting Walter in the lineup. I would trust Mychan to do the job of fighting but I think we want him on the ice and I think that he still needs to take it easy on his thumb. Dalman never seemed to have a problem dropping the mitts so maybe put him in too. It makes me nervous to think that we could lose one of our top players because of the BS that the tips pulled last night. The coach said that Dow (who i hope is back soon) was sent to the hospital last night and that preliminary tests were not good. I hope the league comes down hard on the Tips.

The info about Dow was released on the post game show.

GO AMS GO

March 25th, 2012, 5:47 pm #2

to counter stupidity with stupidity. Take it to the TIPS on the scoreboard. Never anything solved by letting the game become a goon fest. Just because one team has lowered themselves to this kind of stupid gameplay, I would hope that TC puts itself above such ridiculous action as called on by yourself.!!!

March 25th, 2012, 6:32 pm #3

I can't help but think there will be a strong response from the WHL brass. Two 5's and a 4 that should have been a 5. The #8 seed is playing badly and now acting badly.

Rock On AMS!

March 25th, 2012, 8:10 pm #4

Will be a good deterrent for more goon actions by tips. I do not want him to go out there and CFB or take penalties. Everyone always says that a team needs an enforcer to keep other teams from taking liberties on the top players of a team. Nothing wrong with that. I would hate to see the Ams lose a top player or two for the rest of the playoffs because of a number 8 seed.

GO AMS GO

March 25th, 2012, 8:33 pm #5

After the circus showed up in Kennewick on Saturday night the Ams really need to be ready for the Silvertwits on Tuesday and should counter with putting Walter in the lineup. I would trust Mychan to do the job of fighting but I think we want him on the ice and I think that he still needs to take it easy on his thumb. Dalman never seemed to have a problem dropping the mitts so maybe put him in too. It makes me nervous to think that we could lose one of our top players because of the BS that the tips pulled last night. The coach said that Dow (who i hope is back soon) was sent to the hospital last night and that preliminary tests were not good. I hope the league comes down hard on the Tips.

The info about Dow was released on the post game show.

GO AMS GO
You know, every time the playoffs come around, it seems like the opposing team does everything they can to take out our top players. Especially when we won the division title. I can understand that to a point, but to ruin a guy's playoff experience by pointless injury is crazy. Sometimes I think it's not only the NFL that should be investigating bounty hunting... Just saying'....

March 25th, 2012, 9:16 pm #6

I know its not PC, but so what. Maybe Ryan Murray sitting in the stands with a broken arm will bring some sense to Ferner. The Tips weren't even trying to play hockey, they weren't trying to score. They were head-hunting. Hayer, Harrison and Fowlie should be gone for the rest of the series, and if they aren't this league is a bigger joke than I thought.

March 25th, 2012, 11:58 pm #7

I can't believe what I'm reading. The fact Dow may be injured from a reckless hit is disappointing, but to call for an American to intentionally injure an opposing player is disgusting. I was at the game last night and saw Everett's attempt to play physical. Apparently they do not have a good enough grasp on the game to know how to do that. Maybe their coach lost his composure, as well, I don't know. But to call for Murray to be sitting in the stands due to the same type of play? Snap out of it, quickly. I can't believe some of you have dropped to this level. To see a kid you have watched and cheered for laying in a pile because of a dangerous hit is hard, but come on. If EVT played as dirty as it looked last night, the league will penalize them.

March 26th, 2012, 1:19 am #8

Geez a few years ago Tyler Myers was allowed a whole series of hits like that which did injure our star players with seldom even a 2 minute penalty.

The refs blew the first call, how a check from behind can be given anything other than a minor or a major is beyond me. Its not like an accidental high stick that causes an injury for goodness sake it a CFB. That was a major and the refs knew they blew the call. I think that's why they called the other 2 without hesitation.

The shot on Holland is called a major by everyone every night in this league.

The hit on Mychan will be confusing when read (and not seen)....a major for interfernece but the deal was if Mychan has the puck its a charge and still a major.

The Tips wanted to come out and set a physical tone and to do that you do have to play close to the line. The Tips weren't able to play that way right now and crossed it often and will likely pay for it.

Asking for retrabution after the fact? That's just dumb and who do you sit to make room for Walter? Who hasn't played up to snuff to warrent replacement? With that said Walter, Nickels, or Dahlman is likely going to be filling the spot a 7th D man was the last 2 games. Maybe play Parker Bowles in that spot. He would fit in pretty good in the way the AMS are playing the Tips. He bust's his tail when he out on the ice and has some nice speed and skill.

Anyway AMS finsh this team off Wednesday and rest up for Vancouver

March 26th, 2012, 3:59 am #9

to counter stupidity with stupidity. Take it to the TIPS on the scoreboard. Never anything solved by letting the game become a goon fest. Just because one team has lowered themselves to this kind of stupid gameplay, I would hope that TC puts itself above such ridiculous action as called on by yourself.!!!
Let Shinnimin, Hughsman, & Holland each get a hat trick in game 3. That should send the message.

March 26th, 2012, 4:36 pm #10

I can't believe what I'm reading. The fact Dow may be injured from a reckless hit is disappointing, but to call for an American to intentionally injure an opposing player is disgusting. I was at the game last night and saw Everett's attempt to play physical. Apparently they do not have a good enough grasp on the game to know how to do that. Maybe their coach lost his composure, as well, I don't know. But to call for Murray to be sitting in the stands due to the same type of play? Snap out of it, quickly. I can't believe some of you have dropped to this level. To see a kid you have watched and cheered for laying in a pile because of a dangerous hit is hard, but come on. If EVT played as dirty as it looked last night, the league will penalize them.
I agree 100%! Play hard but clean! Beat them on the score sheet...

Rock On AMS!