Thanks AMS for the OUTSTANDING season!

Thanks AMS for the OUTSTANDING season!

April 27th, 2012, 4:33 am #1

11-12 US Div CHAMPS!!!!!! Well done guys!!!

Rock On AMS!

April 27th, 2012, 6:03 am #2

Great job! I know it doesn't take the sting away but what an Awesome year. Good luck and thank you so much to Shinny, Hughesman, Holly, And Wilgosh! Probably the best group of guys that I will miss seeing play in an Ams sweater. It's one thing to lose because of lack of effort but its another to lose to a team as talented as Portland. I am proud to say this team gave it their all. Nothing to be ashamed in! Already looking forward to the returners next season. It's only 5 months away! Have a great summer!

GO AMS GO

April 27th, 2012, 6:26 am #3

As I remember this was a rebuilding year. If that's the case I'm already chomping at the bit for next year. Thanks for another awesome year of hockey very few predicted. There is nothing to hang your head about.

April 27th, 2012, 9:26 am #4

Because it was we won our division
But we have won division titles and a western confrence championship so without a WHL title and an appearance in the memmorial cup is disapointment
But having mychan and dow hurt really hurt us. If we would of had them we could of won the whl title thats how big of a differnce those two guys made to our team in my eyes.

Good luck to Shinny, Hughesman, and Wilgosh. Gotta feel sorry for those guys because they gave it their all. We will miss you and thank you for all the GREAT memmories you have given us fans the past couple of years!

April 27th, 2012, 4:10 pm #5

As I remember this was a rebuilding year. If that's the case I'm already chomping at the bit for next year. Thanks for another awesome year of hockey very few predicted. There is nothing to hang your head about.
How can it be a rebuilding year with 8 19 year old players and 3 20's. There will be lots of room on this team next year.

April 27th, 2012, 7:08 pm #6

There will be turn over (as there is every year), but i really like the players we have coming back. I think we will be in the hunt for the division again.

Obviously, we lose the 3 20's (Hughie, Shinny, wilgosh) and it's doubtful we'll see Holland back as a 20.

Our D core will be strong (Yuen, Hamonic, Topping, Grist, Plutnar should all be back)

Goaltending should be solid (Comrie for sure, Rimmer back as a 20? Or do we go with Comrie and a rookie and move Rimmer ala Owsley for a return)?

Fowards: Williams, Rankin, Stromwall will all have bigger roles next year and all 3 players are very good. Mychan and Feser (IMO) should be here as 20's. Dallman, Nickles, and Little Messier should contribute more. Then look at guys that have been up with the club this year McCue, Bowles, and earlier in the year Gutierrez.

Obviously the heart and soul of the 2011-2012 Ams are moving on. However, this season reminds me a lot of 2009 when we lost Fadden, Reese, Pro, and Pickard. 2010 was suppose to be a rebuild after losing so much, then we had kids step up and we made the final. The key will be can the kids we have now take the same jump and take the reigns next year? I see a good core group coming back and think next year will be another good year of hockey in TC.

April 29th, 2012, 12:37 am #7

11-12 US Div CHAMPS!!!!!! Well done guys!!!

Rock On AMS!
Without any doubt, I would say this year has been the outstanding year of hockey ever. Highs, lows, and everything in between have happened and not once has it been boring or dull. I commend the 'Boys' for having played and performed so well. This year will be fully remembered as one a great year for sure. Next year will see what new players we have and how the older players are to again leave it out on the ice and win some games. Whoooo Rah!!!!!!!

May 1st, 2012, 6:24 am #8

There will be turn over (as there is every year), but i really like the players we have coming back. I think we will be in the hunt for the division again.

Obviously, we lose the 3 20's (Hughie, Shinny, wilgosh) and it's doubtful we'll see Holland back as a 20.

Our D core will be strong (Yuen, Hamonic, Topping, Grist, Plutnar should all be back)

Goaltending should be solid (Comrie for sure, Rimmer back as a 20? Or do we go with Comrie and a rookie and move Rimmer ala Owsley for a return)?

Fowards: Williams, Rankin, Stromwall will all have bigger roles next year and all 3 players are very good. Mychan and Feser (IMO) should be here as 20's. Dallman, Nickles, and Little Messier should contribute more. Then look at guys that have been up with the club this year McCue, Bowles, and earlier in the year Gutierrez.

Obviously the heart and soul of the 2011-2012 Ams are moving on. However, this season reminds me a lot of 2009 when we lost Fadden, Reese, Pro, and Pickard. 2010 was suppose to be a rebuild after losing so much, then we had kids step up and we made the final. The key will be can the kids we have now take the same jump and take the reigns next year? I see a good core group coming back and think next year will be another good year of hockey in TC.
Look for Filbrant (17 next season) to be a solid D-man coming in. If the AMS were not so deep he might have made the team.

Rock On AMS!