Mike Boyle cracks me up

Mike Boyle cracks me up

January 5th, 2012, 6:17 pm #1

http://www.krem.com/sports/hockey/Spoka ... 37518.html

Every thing is fine with the refs on their road swing until they play the Ams, then according to Boyle for the "umpteenth" time the game is decided by questionable refs. The funniest part was them getting a "4 minute powerplay" and he is pissed because it wasn't 5. If you ever wonder why Chief fans constantly bitch about the refs you dont need to look any further than Mike Boyle.

Steve

January 5th, 2012, 10:39 pm #2

The playoff game we were watching against Spoke and the ref's missed a call. It was the greatetst miscarriage of justice since the not guilty verdict of OJ Simpson. Priceless

January 5th, 2012, 11:23 pm #3

He's definitely homer, i don't think even Spok fans would argue that. i'd argue that Seattle's play by play guy might be worse. I don't know if he has the same "drama" effect Boyle does, but he's absolute garbage IMO.

While i feel we have one of the leagues best in Westie (calls a pretty unbiased account of the game) for whatever reason i can not figure out how Uretski is aloud to do televised games. He's a poor mans Pierre McGuire (who i despise). Put Westie on the tube, or get Furness to come work the TV games. I get that Uretski has been doing local media for years, but hockey is not his cup of tea.

January 6th, 2012, 3:16 am #4

Local media isn't his cup of tea either. Sometimes I wonder how he has gotten as far as he has.

January 6th, 2012, 5:18 pm #5

Every thing is fine with the refs on their road swing until they play the Ams, then according to Boyle for the "umpteenth" time the game is decided by questionable refs. The funniest part was them getting a "4 minute powerplay" and he is pissed because it wasn't 5. If you ever wonder why Chief fans constantly bitch about the refs you dont need to look any further than Mike Boyle.

Steve
He fails to make any mention of the fact that in all of the power play oppertunities the Chiefs had they only managed to achieve a total of two shots on goal.

January 7th, 2012, 1:30 am #6

I feel for Kevin Sawyer. At times he's speachless at the commentary of "the other Kevin". Sometimes he has no choice but to correct him. But all things considered, except for Westie (who is busy with the radio gig) I'm not sure who else would do the job. Hey, I could do it....then everyone could have a major laugh! At least I know I would suck at it.

January 7th, 2012, 7:58 am #7

this guy has been run off for a good reason. spokane can have him..........

January 7th, 2012, 9:33 pm #8

Steve
doesn't bitch about the refs, they aren't shi**y on purpose

i haven't listened to a chiefs game since westie left spokane

January 8th, 2012, 12:34 am #9

I do think that the quality of refing is very questionable in this league. Some blatantly missed calls or phantom calls are completely unacceptable. It goes against every team equally however. Sometimes the call leaves me scratching my head. The penalty shot last night was a horrible call. Our defender barely even touched him and he was not denied a reasonable scoring opportunity. Doesn't matter anyways.

GO AMS GO

January 8th, 2012, 12:47 am #10

IMO Definitely a penalty.....definitely NOT a penalty shot. He got off a good quality shot. But it was a hook and warranted a penalty. Just my opinion.