Peterborough
Toronto Beaches
Brampton
Whitby
Spartan
Burlington
Barrie? considering they won last year, but who knows
Halton Hills maybe, i hear they are appealing for B
thats what i can see this year, any other teams can be added to this list but the top 7 i can see forsure going A

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm #3

Does Barrie have two Intermediate teams? The lost to both Midland (C I believe) and Mimico (B) this weekend in the Midland tournament. Of course the refereeing was terrible, but that's another story all together.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 am #4

Just one.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:35 am #5

Does Barrie have two Intermediate teams? The lost to both Midland (C I believe) and Mimico (B) this weekend in the Midland tournament. Of course the refereeing was terrible, but that's another story all together.
Don't play "the blame game" on refs... you see what they are clling and you guide you team.
Barrie is short players and that won't win games...

B for sure there.

Halton Hills should stop the appeal and just get into the A loop. They are far better than B.
There 2 team should be B but they just can't shut up...and walk to the box all game long.

Anyone else see that?

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:48 am #6

I wasn't playing the blame game with the referee's. They were just bad all around, however, I have to give kudos to the two referee's who did the Toronto Stars/Sault Ste. Marie game. They both did a great job, after a ridiculous game between Midland and Halton Hills.

There's no way Halton Hills should have lost the game, but they did. The officials were giving penalties, non-deserving to the Bull Dogs players left, right, and center. I'm not a player, not a parent, nor am I affiliated with Halton Hills at all, but to be honest, they were screwed over BIG TIME. How does a Halton Hills player get a slashing penalty, when he had the ball in his own crease, and received a slash in the shin? How about this call... Halton player has the ball in his end, runs down the floor, has a semi break away, takes a shot and gets nailed for something stupid, interference or something like that.

Needless to say, it was brutally obvious Midland was the HOME team.

I heard there was a brawl between the two teams, Midland and Halton Hills in the parking lot... was there any truth to that?

- A Toronto Stars Player

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:41 am #7

just an opinion, I could be wrong
Orangeville
Peterborough
Toronto Beaches
Brampton
Whitby
Spartan
Burlington
thats what i can see this year, any other teams can be added to this list but the top 7 i can see forsure going A
You can bump whitby off the list, they have droped to B. I believe Clarington may be stuck in A this season, which could go either way depending on wat players they have.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:19 am #8

Not really sure how that works... we only lost to Clarington by two goals with around 9 or 10 runners... we were missing our two leading scorers, one is in BC for the U19 Worlds, the other was suspended, and two other pretty good players because of suspensions. We also had about 5 or 6 players who are injured right now.

We play them again on Wednesday, and I guess we will see how we match up against them again with closer to a full team.

We lost to Whitby by a bigger margin of goals twice. If the Gaels are going A, then so should Whitby, however I believe both should be B teams.

Good luck in A ball Gaels.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:06 pm #9

Don't play "the blame game" on refs... you see what they are clling and you guide you team.
Barrie is short players and that won't win games...

B for sure there.

Halton Hills should stop the appeal and just get into the A loop. They are far better than B.
There 2 team should be B but they just can't shut up...and walk to the box all game long.

Anyone else see that?

there was never an appeal made, HH will be, and wants to, go A

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:23 pm #10

just an opinion, I could be wrong
Orangeville
Peterborough
Toronto Beaches
Brampton
Whitby
Spartan
Burlington
i would love for you to justify why you should go A? i know you lost to spartans and hamilton? so your third best in zone 9 and still go 'A' does this sound right?