Whitby Jr A versus Whitby Jr C

Whitby Jr A versus Whitby Jr C

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am #1

We don't want that matchup! Since both teams are hosting important playoff games at Iroquois Park tomorrow night, (Thursday July 28), we thought it better to help our fans see the best of both games. Fans who pay regular admission to either game will be admitted to the other game for just $2!
Show your hand stamp from the other game at the door and be admitted for just a toonie. What better way to show the die hard fans in Durham that both of our clubs really appreciate your patronage.

Whitby Warriors Jr A club will host the Six Nations Arrows in what could be the deciding game of their semi final match up. Whitby leads that best of 7 - 3 games to 2.

Whitby Warriors Jr C club will host the Peterborough Lakers in game two of their conference semi final. Whitby leads that best of 5 series 1 - 0,

Hope to see you at Iroquois tomorrow night for the two 8 PM draws.

Mike Goulding
Whitby Jr C

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:54 am #2

Obviously you can't have two games there at the same time and you aren't going to have one game after another.But nothing really suprises me ,considering the last regular game of the Senior League became a playoff game. Scheduling of lacrosse games has become a joke.Oh ,by the way ,that's if you can find schedules.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:08 am #3

The schedule thing is totally bizarre. 60 percent (if it goes the limit) of a first round series is done, and no schedule on Pointstreak. The MSL site shows no more games in that series. I'd like to keep my schedule open to catch more games, but it's hard if you don't know when they are. Thanks to the poster who told me game four is Monday in Waterloo! (when is game five of Six Nations vs KW? Has a date been set yet?)

I understand this isn't the NHL, or even OHL, but there was barely 300 people in Brampton tonight, by far the smallest playoff crowd I've seen there. It's not just a matter of reaching the casual fan -- even the die-hard can't find the schedule in the normal spot. People can't go if they don't know.

As far as the games in Whitby, I'll admit, I'm confused. Are they at 8 and 10? Is the junior C game at an auxiliary rink? And if they're both at 8...while $2 is a great deal, how do fans be in two places at once?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 am #4

I don't think that a Jr. C games requires the seating capacity of Rink 1 at IPA.

As a matter of fact, given the apathy of Durham lacrosse fans, none of their teams need that capacity.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:25 pm #5

Too bad the scheduling gods didn't get together on this one.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:53 pm #6

yep, three great games all at the same time...oh well, anyone can still get the better part of two of them at Iroquois with the games only steps from each other and lots of glass to watch through...should still be a good crowd for the Gaels with most of the locals opting to stay close to home....I'm sure there will be regular updates from Whitby for the Gaels crowd anyway...

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 pm #7

The Ajax Rock host Brampton at the ACC (Ajax Com Center)
tonight @ 8

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:19 pm #8

The schedule thing is totally bizarre. 60 percent (if it goes the limit) of a first round series is done, and no schedule on Pointstreak. The MSL site shows no more games in that series. I'd like to keep my schedule open to catch more games, but it's hard if you don't know when they are. Thanks to the poster who told me game four is Monday in Waterloo! (when is game five of Six Nations vs KW? Has a date been set yet?)

I understand this isn't the NHL, or even OHL, but there was barely 300 people in Brampton tonight, by far the smallest playoff crowd I've seen there. It's not just a matter of reaching the casual fan -- even the die-hard can't find the schedule in the normal spot. People can't go if they don't know.

As far as the games in Whitby, I'll admit, I'm confused. Are they at 8 and 10? Is the junior C game at an auxiliary rink? And if they're both at 8...while $2 is a great deal, how do fans be in two places at once?
Indeed as one other poster indicated, Iroquois Park Pad # 1 and Pad # 3 are less than a 30 second posession away from each other (mere steps), unless you are slow like me.

Yes, it would have been nice to have these two games on different nights (hell I'm involved in one and would love to see the other). But the reality is that there are timelines set that these series have to be done by for the next rounds to begin. Scheduling the games occurs between the two teams and little or no consideration is given to other series' in another league taking place.

I am glad that we (Warriors C) and the Warriors A's are able to offer up a couple of games for the lax fans of this area and think tonight there will be a buzz in IP that has not been there for a long time. Good luck to our parent team and we will do our best.

As for the comments about tHe MSL schedules, I have been looking after the web site for MSL this season. Please understand that the same scheduling conflicts occur with the MSL teams, but in their case I beleive it is more to do with arena availability (most other centres have 1 pad). So to answer, as of last night, no I do not have anything yet confirmed for game 4 or game 5 (if it is needed) for the KW - Six nations series.

Pointstreak I cannot speak about, I am not involved.

Gary

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:53 pm #9

Pointstreak is a bit of a joke sometimes but it's only as good as the people who use them, rather input the data so from that logic, the jokers are the teams' person whose job it is to input the data and the the league scheduler who is supposed to update Pointstreak with playoff schedules.

With the playoff season upon us, there are BOUND to be conflicts betweem the three junior, major and senior 'B' leagues. Seriously. The NHL has conflicts whenever the circus is in town.

That said, the people inputting data on Pointstreak need to get it sorted out, they've had all season to figure it out. My guess, and I could be wrong, is that whoevers' responsibility it was to update the playoff schedule on Pointstreak had their own team knocked out, handed it off to someone that wasn't familiar with the system, and took off for the summer.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:45 am #10

We don't want that matchup! Since both teams are hosting important playoff games at Iroquois Park tomorrow night, (Thursday July 28), we thought it better to help our fans see the best of both games. Fans who pay regular admission to either game will be admitted to the other game for just $2!
Show your hand stamp from the other game at the door and be admitted for just a toonie. What better way to show the die hard fans in Durham that both of our clubs really appreciate your patronage.

Whitby Warriors Jr A club will host the Six Nations Arrows in what could be the deciding game of their semi final match up. Whitby leads that best of 7 - 3 games to 2.

Whitby Warriors Jr C club will host the Peterborough Lakers in game two of their conference semi final. Whitby leads that best of 5 series 1 - 0,

Hope to see you at Iroquois tomorrow night for the two 8 PM draws.

Mike Goulding
Whitby Jr C
As Gary points out, a best of 5 series must be fully scheduled and completed within 10 calendar days because there is another series after this to complete before the final four weekend! When booking any series this time of year, Whitby clubs are always competing for home floor time during the period of the two qualifiers and now for the next 10 days - with the Festival. As far as pointstreak is concerned, it is the responsibility of the home team to enter all data on pointstreak in a timely manner and ensure the gamesheet is faxed to the OLA office by noon the following day. Frankly I am embarrassed that several clubs in our loop do not take that responsibility more seriously. I would like to see Jr C follow Jr. A policy and levy fines for not posting by midnight of game day. Just my $0.02

Mike