Weird Schedule

Weird Schedule

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:25 am #1

I just read the round one schedule between the A's and Six Nations herehttp://niagara.localsportsreport.com/Ne ... -announced.

Why is game 2 and 3 being played in St. Catharines? The series will likely go only 3 games so that means Six Nations gives up the ticket sales they could have had in game 3 had the game been played in Six Nations.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 am #2

Here is the correct URL to the schedule
http://niagara.localsportsreport.com/Ne ... -announced

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 am #3

I just read the round one schedule between the A's and Six Nations herehttp://niagara.localsportsreport.com/Ne ... -announced.

Why is game 2 and 3 being played in St. Catharines? The series will likely go only 3 games so that means Six Nations gives up the ticket sales they could have had in game 3 had the game been played in Six Nations.
I can't say for certain but have heard that the ILA was already booked for other events and the series has to be wrapped up on Saturday.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm #4

Like Six Nations needs the gate revenue!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:58 pm #5

I can't say for certain but have heard that the ILA was already booked for other events and the series has to be wrapped up on Saturday.
You are correct Jim. Because of the tight deadline with the world juniors and no floor time they had to scramble with the schedule

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 pm #6

Like Six Nations needs the gate revenue!
Yeah, why do they even charge admission? lol
After last nite's games, I'll wait till the boys come back from findland.
Arrow's Fan

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:07 pm #7

You are correct Jim. Because of the tight deadline with the world juniors and no floor time they had to scramble with the schedule
first round of JrA playoffs must be done by sunday. BUT why play Games #2 & #3 in St Kitts ?? ..... I'm thinking maybe this was part of the Deal for the St Kitts Players that were traded to Nations?!..... maybe who knows

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:21 am #8

St. Kitts made this part of the deal before they shipped those players to Nations, to grab an extra gate.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 am #9

If St. Kitts indeed DID make 2 guaranteed home playoff games a provision of one of their player-dump "trades" to Six Nations, every lacrosse fan in St. Catharines should boycott the games.
You trade half of your roster for cash and useless draft picks, lose Game One 18-1 (embarassing!!!), and then expect the St. Catharines faithful to cough up playoff-ticket prices for 2 walk-overs instead of just 1 (had the schedule been set in a normal fashion)???
IF this was the case, the league administration should have rejected the 1st draft of the proposed schedule... they should be equally embarassed as the A's management that thought it would be a good idea to attempt to gouge their fans after embarassing them.
If there was a legitimate reason for this manner of scheduling, I take back all of the above.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:21 am #10

Yeah, why do they even charge admission? lol
After last nite's games, I'll wait till the boys come back from findland.
... to make the drive from Six Nations to St. Catharines, pay playoff ticket prices to sit in a sauna that passes for an arena on hard, backless seats and watch Six Nations obliterate a team that wouldn't rank in the top half of Jr.B.
What a joke.