Weekend schedules

Weekend schedules

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:21 am #1

At least Huntsville, Burlington and Toronto had the decency to schedule themselves for the earliest games to start the day off unlike KW. That's just brutal.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 am #2

I'll have to make a point of asking my club to reschedule KW for the earliest game when it's our turn to host.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:57 pm #3

n/m

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:13 pm #4

At least Huntsville, Burlington and Toronto had the decency to schedule themselves for the earliest games to start the day off unlike KW. That's just brutal.
While I feel your pain with traveling for the early games, as almost everyone would know the hosting centres have no say in the making of the schedule. We just book the times and play when we're told...So now that you know hopefully you won't take your anger out on our volunteers and players!

Thanks
Jay Breau
KW Minor Field VP

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:11 pm #5

Is U16 still playing on long weekends?...let me guess, Provincials are still Thanksgiving weekend???

Wow, I thought by now they would at least give those that participate at least one of the long weekends off!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:11 pm #6

I'll have to make a point of asking my club to reschedule KW for the earliest game when it's our turn to host.
sleepy, you are obviously not from Oakville as they never host anything.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:11 pm #7

Is U16 still playing on long weekends?...let me guess, Provincials are still Thanksgiving weekend???

Wow, I thought by now they would at least give those that participate at least one of the long weekends off!
My apologies, I assumed incorrectly that the host team would write up the schedule.

Having said that, why the heck wouldn't the scheduler take something like tha tinto consideration? Does that make too much sense? Seriously, it's pretty simple and obvious. So frustrating sometimes.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:44 pm #8

maybe they need to pay someone to do this stuff cuz clearly the people doing it, not just in field but in box as well are pretty retarded.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 am #9

If the only thing I did "wrong" in scheduling was give KW a 9:30 game instead of an 8am game, I did pretty damn well! I did give the home team the first game the rest of the weekends, is it possible that maybe it was an oversight?

Owen...the Clubs have every chance to change the weekends we are scheduled on. In fact, the discussion came up again during the U-16 Club meeting in August and it was again decided BY THE CLUBS to leave it as is due to hockey and the weather and some other factors (including avoiding conflicts with the OJMFLL and referees, since our Provincials are played over 2 days and the OJMFLL plays on every other Sunday besides Thanksgiving and they use a lot of officials also)...This league must be awful, since it is the 5th year in a row that the league has grown, with 4 new Clubs joining us this year and 2 Clubs having a 2nd entry. A few more teams and we will be as big as the OJMFLL and we've only been "ruining" peoples lives for 6 seasons...Good luck with your OJMFLL team this season and enjoy your long weekends off!!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:57 pm #10

Now that Caledon is out i am assuming the schedules will change......