Way to go Excelsiors...

Way to go Excelsiors...

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:12 am #1

Keep it coming guys.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:24 am #2

Amazing story, how the Excelsiors are just continuing to win without so many of last year's stars! Suddenly, that game seven potentially being in Brampton looks significant, especially if Brampton wins at home tomorrow.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:28 am #3

I'm always curious who the refs were, was it really guys named Default Referee and Default Linesman? Not being critical, on the contrary, I think the OLA has some great officials, just enjoy knowing who did the game.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:48 am #4

I'm exactly the same.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:00 am #5

Then who was it?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 am #6

Giordono was one ref . As usual he was handing out Laker penalties like haloween candy and awarding Brampton possession whenever he felt like it.He always knows how to ruin a good gameThe other guy(don't know his name)was pretty good and called a good game .One of my favourite refs for sure.always consistent and lets the teams play lacrosse.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:10 am #7

Then who was it?
Mark Gardonio and Chris Williams were the officials. It was actually a fairly well-reffed game, much different than Monday's game in Brampton. Neither team ever seems to be really happy with the way the calls go in a game, but this one looked to be called pretty fairly to me. Brampton deserved the win tonight. When the schedule came out I thought that hosting games 5 and 6 was a huge advantage for Peterborough and they would close out the series in 6, but this win really shifts things and it could turn out that having game 7 in Brampton is a big advantage for the Excels.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 am #8

Giordono was one ref . As usual he was handing out Laker penalties like haloween candy and awarding Brampton possession whenever he felt like it.He always knows how to ruin a good gameThe other guy(don't know his name)was pretty good and called a good game .One of my favourite refs for sure.always consistent and lets the teams play lacrosse.
Is that what you are claiming? It was a one goal game and 1 empty netter when all h broke loose at 19:50 of the 3rd.. Both the Evans men , and Corbeil and Rubisch...I find it hard to believe the latter were the instigators from Brampton. Just not their style whereas we know the Evans are not gracious at the best of times in defeat. It would be a shame to take the hard work ethic displayed shift after shift away from the 2011 Excelsiors...The Excels have stepped up huge and I truly believeit is a disservice to that group of players to suggest the ref's helped them win. Please tell me that I have misinterpreted your post.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 am #9

Mark Gardonio and Chris Williams were the officials. It was actually a fairly well-reffed game, much different than Monday's game in Brampton. Neither team ever seems to be really happy with the way the calls go in a game, but this one looked to be called pretty fairly to me. Brampton deserved the win tonight. When the schedule came out I thought that hosting games 5 and 6 was a huge advantage for Peterborough and they would close out the series in 6, but this win really shifts things and it could turn out that having game 7 in Brampton is a big advantage for the Excels.
I thought the game seven in Brampton was a big advantage for Brampton all along, winning it in six would have been tough I thought. But it looks real big now!

I know some will disagree, but I'm very comfortable with most of the OLA refs. Spies, Fox, Gardonio, Paddick (I know he's around here somewhere!), Williams, and there's more I'm forgetting...I wish the NHL, never mind local junior leagues, had refs I trust that much these days.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:33 am #10

Keep it coming guys.
That's what's up!!!!