Wally midgets win zones

Wally midgets win zones

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:39 pm #1

Wallaceburg midgets yet again win a nother zone championship..By a score of 9-8 vs windsor.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 pm #2

Just an indication of the lack of competition in the zone. Now, if you could say you won zone 10 where 4 teams competed in the A loop at the recent qualifiers you would have something to crow about.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 pm #3

Even though we don't play in Zone 10 ,our players are allowed to be proud of their accomplishments within our own zone...Zone 7 has competitive teams that accomplish much in our zone and in tournaments so please just because we don't live in the GTA and have hundreds of players to choose from don't undermine our teams.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 pm #4

Wallaceburg midgets yet again win a nother zone championship..By a score of 9-8 vs windsor.
Come to Zone 10, where the teams are actually good.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:38 pm #5

Even though we don't play in Zone 10 ,our players are allowed to be proud of their accomplishments within our own zone...Zone 7 has competitive teams that accomplish much in our zone and in tournaments so please just because we don't live in the GTA and have hundreds of players to choose from don't undermine our teams.
I guess I am undermining (your word) your teams accomplishment. Im undermining it to the same extent that the original post is exaggerating your teams accomplishment.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:54 am #6

Winning zone 7 is not much of an accomplishment, it's a 5 team zone with garbage teams. Doesn't impress me since according to posts earlier in the year on the midget forum Wallaceburg couldn't be beaten in A and now they're just skimming past weak B teams (Windsor) to win one of the weakest zones.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:20 am #7

Wallaceburg was all talk completely. They are a low class B team for sure. Without Griffith, they are nothing. If he plays, they have a chance in B. Would still lose in A.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:27 pm #8

IF and that is a big IF Griffith plays, I think it is a big disservice and disrespect to the rest of the players on the team who have battled throughout the season to get here.

It also my understanding he has played more games in Jr. B than minor. Not sure if that effects eligibility or not. He didn't play many games and didn't try out for Team Ontario.

To call them a "low class B team" I don't think is correct. They did win it with Griffith two seasons ago, and their Bantams won last season in B. I would think that the Griffins, right behind the K-W Braves are the favourites to win this division.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm #9

I made that comment under the assumption that Seth Griffiths wasn't playing because I haven't seen him play once this year for the midget team.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:19 pm #10

I guess I am undermining (your word) your teams accomplishment. Im undermining it to the same extent that the original post is exaggerating your teams accomplishment.
I hate to break this to you but its not even my team...I just get tired of the GTA people undermining ALL of Zone 7's accomplishments. To say our zone is garbage and ALL our teams are garbage just shows the mentality of the poster. Our zone has churned out many very good players and teams and will continue to do so.