Wallaceburg and Owen Sound Bench Brawl

Wallaceburg and Owen Sound Bench Brawl

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm #1

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 pm #2

Where there any game suspensions handed out in this big brawl? Didn't see the game sheet

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 pm #3

You would hope that suspensions were handed out. I count more than 5 a side on the floor.

Anyone know the outcome?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 am #4

just looked over the game sheet. Who were the Red Devils fighting? They are the only team that got penalties.

The Vandamme kid got fighting penalties twice with no opponent. Must have been shadow boxing. Or was he beating up on himself?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 am #5

Well he jumped and suckered a midget call up for first fighting major. And the second one he jumped the boards and left the penalty box during a line brawl for the second one. Clearly a saint indeed

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 am #6

AAA I see. I guess the midget didn't get a penalty for getting the sucker punched which is reasonable.

The point I was trying to get across is there are no fighting majors for Owen Sound for the line brawl from what I see they didn't even get a penalty for the bench clearing.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 am #7

The refs were brutal for both teams.
That brawl broke down on game sheet.
Os 5 for fight
Wally 5 for fight
Wally 3rd man in
Wally for leaving bench game
Wally for leaving penalty box game
Os for leaving bench.

I thought both coaches did great job in getting control of a situation that refs couldn't.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm #8

This game sheet?
Looks like Wallaceburg did all the fightimg with shadows?

I was there just a few points

1. Wallaceburg Player run in to the boards head first after they scored I think that's a penalty? This started everything. By the way (no penalty call right in front of the refs)

2. Players from Owen Sound left there bench first?

3. Wallaceburg - Rob Pollock - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min never did anything other than get his bucket taken off by a Owen Sound Player? ( Never had his gloves off)

4. There was more than 3 fights. Wallaceburg get 3 (Fighting Game Misconduct)?
Owen Sound Gets 1
(Fighting Game Misconduct)

5. Wallaceburg - Jordan VanDamme - (Fighting)In period 2 with who?
Were is the Owen Sound Player he was Fighting ? its not on the sheet? It takes to to fight?

6. After the fighting was done Owen Sound players went back to one Wallaceburg Player to start up again and coaches had to get the players off the floor. (Not the Refs)

I could go on with this game where the refs totally messed up.

Someone got it right

(is a player going to get killed from be run at an checking from behind and into the boards with intent to injure before the Refs do something)
This is the real call that needs to be addressed.

I think there is no place in this game (checking from behind and going head first in to the boards with intent to injure) should be out for the season!!!! or the next season!!!!!

Fighting is part of lacrosse and I have never seen someone killed on the floor from a fight other than pride.

Just a Fan

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm #9

It's not OK to try to injure a player by checking him from behind into the boards, but it's OK to try to injure a player by pummelling his skull with your fists attempting to inflict a brain injury?

If you think no one gets hurt from fighting, you have your head in the sand. Many players are seriously concussed every year from punches to the head, and we are now just starting to see the long term effects of these brain injuries!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:46 pm #10

This game sheet?
Looks like Wallaceburg did all the fightimg with shadows?

I was there just a few points

1. Wallaceburg Player run in to the boards head first after they scored I think that's a penalty? This started everything. By the way (no penalty call right in front of the refs)

2. Players from Owen Sound left there bench first?

3. Wallaceburg - Rob Pollock - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min never did anything other than get his bucket taken off by a Owen Sound Player? ( Never had his gloves off)

4. There was more than 3 fights. Wallaceburg get 3 (Fighting Game Misconduct)?
Owen Sound Gets 1
(Fighting Game Misconduct)

5. Wallaceburg - Jordan VanDamme - (Fighting)In period 2 with who?
Were is the Owen Sound Player he was Fighting ? its not on the sheet? It takes to to fight?

6. After the fighting was done Owen Sound players went back to one Wallaceburg Player to start up again and coaches had to get the players off the floor. (Not the Refs)

I could go on with this game where the refs totally messed up.

Someone got it right

(is a player going to get killed from be run at an checking from behind and into the boards with intent to injure before the Refs do something)
This is the real call that needs to be addressed.

I think there is no place in this game (checking from behind and going head first in to the boards with intent to injure) should be out for the season!!!! or the next season!!!!!

Fighting is part of lacrosse and I have never seen someone killed on the floor from a fight other than pride.

Just a Fan
actually i have seen players given a 5 minute fighting major with nothing called on the other team and usually cause one player is wanting/trying to fight and the other want nothing to do with it so first player gets called for fighting and the other gets nothing.
Not saying what was called in Wally was correct, just pointing out what i've seen happen in other times.