Untitled

Untitled

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:13 am #1

This is a polarizing topic. On on side you have noted S$&t disturber KJJ and on the other hand you have the OLA. Any person who has been in involved in the game fir the past decade has seen the corruption. The silly fines. The red tape. The Team O nonsense.
The box game is shrinking. Growth is in the field side. Lacrosse is run by a bunch of relics. Just look how kids are carded. It’s 2018 not 1998. The OLA are failing the kids.
That takes me to KJJ. He has brought up some excellent points about OLA corruption but he is not the guy to get things done. He is not truthful. Acton Michaels, Dr Baranowski do not exist. His last legal push was thrown out.

Acton or KJJ states if the Ola do not respond to the charges, the court with read them as true. That is a lie. The charges must be proven to be true.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:37 pm #2

I have been involved for a very long time and I have dealt with the OLA forever it seems.

While this guy seems like he has some major issues, i would not be surprised if all that is true.

Most of the OLA are old friends that replace other friends and so on. It needs to be completely restaffed and lacrosse in ontario needs to be reexamined.

All the cash driven crap has to go like how you become a coach. Take the same course three times to be able to coach box, field and womens. its ridiculous.

there needs to be changes to what is needed to be on the bench. Why should a technical coach need all that when they are there only to teach the skills, but because of all the hoops, they are few and far between.

the game is going in the wrong direction and a big part of that is because of the OLA.

i think the reason he did this is to hope they don't respond and that way he will have a defense if they try to charge him with slander when he releases the book. I think that is his idea of his out

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm #3

This is a polarizing topic. On on side you have noted S$&t disturber KJJ and on the other hand you have the OLA. Any person who has been in involved in the game fir the past decade has seen the corruption. The silly fines. The red tape. The Team O nonsense.
The box game is shrinking. Growth is in the field side. Lacrosse is run by a bunch of relics. Just look how kids are carded. It’s 2018 not 1998. The OLA are failing the kids.
That takes me to KJJ. He has brought up some excellent points about OLA corruption but he is not the guy to get things done. He is not truthful. Acton Michaels, Dr Baranowski do not exist. His last legal push was thrown out.

Acton or KJJ states if the Ola do not respond to the charges, the court with read them as true. That is a lie. The charges must be proven to be true.
She:kon!

Let's say for a moment that KJJ has no personal credibility, but his accusations are somewhat accurate. This seems to be the prevalent attitude on here and elsewhere. If this were true, and the OLA is dedicated to maintaining the status quo, they couldn't have picked a better patsy than KJJ. Its almost as if its designed to be this way, if I were into conspiracy stories, which I am not.

The only thing lacking is actual evidence and until that comes out, the OLA wins all rounds, on all counts, and they do not have to respond to a single thing. They'll just wait for KJJ's credibility issue to catch up and overshadow any credibility issue they have with their management of lacrosse things. There is already the moral credibility and that is without question in the OLA's favour. And it also answers the question, how could anyone so immoral be right about anything? That is, before you even get to the evidence, you have to question the credibility (and validity) of the question first.

Even if you get to the question, where's the evidence? Without a judge compelling them to hand over records, the OLA is under no obligation to do anything of the sort. And why should they - because a disgruntled member is making accusations? There have always been disgruntled members making accusations - every years there are more - but simply not enough of them to overturn a candidate at the AGM where incumbents are highly favoured because who wants a job that attracts the hassles of someone like KJJ? You see what I mean? KJJ has become The Disgruntle Member.

Now as thoroughly discredited, as morally corrupt, as the epitome of the ultimate outlier, he has become the lightening rod for all OLA disgruntledness. I mean, how dare he attack people publicly, the OLA doesn't do that! That is a good position for the OLA to be in, if that's even what it is.

KJJ has assumed the stereotype of the discredited OLA member. God help anyone else - who actually has credibility - when they bring up serious issues with the OLA. Because the OLA (and their loyal supporters) merely have to associate the complaints with KJJ and that should be sufficient to bury even the most serious of issues. Prior to KJJ, the OLA didn't have to say a thing, had no obligation to respond to anything, any complaint, any issue, anything that didn't server their interests.

The game has changed now, not only do they not have to respond to anything you bring up, but now you risk being associated with KJJ if you do.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 pm #4

In this age of Identity Politics and Snowflake Diplomacy, where messengers are attacked and messages ignored and no one is ever allowed to say anything that might hurt another's feelings, it has been refreshing to see the calls to ban KJJ ignored. A lacrosse fan forum should have serious lacrosse discussions, even uncomfortable ones. Posts can be read, responded to or ignored. Lacrosse fans are free to do as they choose.

Now some may say lacrosse should be protected from negative comments. Plus picking on the OLA does make a number of readers very uncomfortable. Given the past relationship between the OLA and this forum, I'd say the last thing the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum should feel is that it is expected to protect the OLA. There was a wonderful opportunity back in 1998 for those running lacrosse to have made use of this forum to enhance the lacrosse experience for everyone. Some certainly tried. I remember Dean McLeod and Jim Brady often posting here(especially Brady). I lost count of the number of times Mr.Brady was "tar and feathered" here. Thus I can understand the rest of the establishment steering clear and avoiding making targets of themselves. Yet there was still much the OLA could have done behind the scenes(and likely some individuals did contribute in such a way). Unfortunately the OLA couldn't even treat Glen Dundas with respect. He was viewed as an interloper and threat from the get go. Someone challenging the OLA's monopoly on everything to do with lacrosse in Ontario. Mr.Dundas ran this site through the Age of Easy Money, yet I'm certain he ended up out of pocket. That describes most lacrosse volunteers and parents as well. I'm not sure those who considered themselves too good for Glen Dundas did as poorly financially.

Once again, I appreciate keeping the forum open for all lacrosse issues. How the sport is being run should be one of the most important issues for discussion. Throwing muck at the OLA might not seem very polite. Of course OLA members are free to come here anytime and defend themselves. One thing I do know is that it's not my job to babysit the OLA's reputation.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 am #5

Debate is always welcome. Challenging the system is fine. Discussing ways to make change is great!

But how people go about tackling an issue is what this is all about!

What has been allowed on here and other platforms are a lot of accusations and absolutely no back-up / evidence what so ever. Been over a year and a half and ...... nothing to date. And the wonderful moderator continues to provide a platform for non-sense like this.

Is the OLA perfect, probably not. There is work to do but not by the method that someone is going about it.

Will the moderator ever ban this individual - doubt it. Would the moderator ban anyone on here - doubt it. Better to play neutral and maybe edit a word or two rather than make a hard decision.

It’s just unfortunate so much time is being given to this non sense rather than talk about ways to fix what people feel may be wrong.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:00 pm #6

If you don't like it don't read it.
Simple.
If people don't feed the TROLL he will die or maybe provide some proof ,who knows.
I applaud the mod from staying away from censorship and letting things take their course.Everyone is way to sensitive these days.
So let's get over this guy and do what you suggest,"talk about ways to fix what people feel may be wrong".

I leave it up to you to provide a few talking points to start a new discussion.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:40 pm #7

Major change is needed.

I am the only one taking them on.

It's REALLY easy for all of you to stand back and insult me, which is your right, but what have any of my critics actually done to stop the OLA's tyranny? NOTHING.

The history books will never remember the critics, only the revolutionaries.

Maybe the league would not be the cesspool it is today if all of you big, bad critics had turned off the TV and actually did something.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:20 pm #8

If you don't like it don't read it.
Simple.
If people don't feed the TROLL he will die or maybe provide some proof ,who knows.
I applaud the mod from staying away from censorship and letting things take their course.Everyone is way to sensitive these days.
So let's get over this guy and do what you suggest,"talk about ways to fix what people feel may be wrong".

I leave it up to you to provide a few talking points to start a new discussion.
You have to read this stuff because it may be your name, followed with a baseless comment / accusation / false reporting.

And that is the issue - making a statement with no back-up or proof.

We live in a country that you can speak your mind, which is great - but there has to be some of rules / guidelines to ensure accuracy. False statements are absolute BS and don't help.

I could / may start a new thread on the issues / concerns I see in the game of lacrosse (and sports in general), from my time being involved as a Board Member and representing my organization to the Zone & OLA.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:40 am #9

You stating that I am wrong on a website does not make me wrong. If you were a board member, then tell us EVERYTHING illegal and immoral that you ever witnessed. Stop hiding in the shadows, be a man, take a stand and expose them.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:22 am #10

Major change is needed.

I am the only one taking them on.

It's REALLY easy for all of you to stand back and insult me, which is your right, but what have any of my critics actually done to stop the OLA's tyranny? NOTHING.

The history books will never remember the critics, only the revolutionaries.

Maybe the league would not be the cesspool it is today if all of you big, bad critics had turned off the TV and actually did something.
Here's the thing. People might buy this whole "I'm in it for lacrosse" martyr routine you are trying if you didn't pull the garbage you did last spring by lying on here and everywhere else that the Tomahawks had folded and trying to drive players to your own for profit league.

That move there alone made it pretty clear what you were about, and it sure as **** wasn't for lacrosse.