Tyke ratings

Tyke ratings

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 am #1

How does a team that has beat the province's No. 2 team twice, lost by a goal to the No. 3 team and easily beat the No. 10 team get a B rating when all those other teams are rated A. Something is broken in this system. BTW I'm referring to Burlington.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 am #2

The Tyke ratings are really messed up...

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:28 am #3

Peterborough in A? That must be a joke.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:36 am #4

There seem to be questionable rankings throughout. It doesn't look like they paid any attention to the MyLax rankings at all.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:43 am #5

Peterborough actually has beaten other teams that are ranked A such as Oakville and Centre Wellington. Six Nations shouldnt be B. They lost 12-1 and 10-2 to Burlington, also in B.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:50 pm #6

How does a team that has beat the province's No. 2 team twice, lost by a goal to the No. 3 team and easily beat the No. 10 team get a B rating when all those other teams are rated A. Something is broken in this system. BTW I'm referring to Burlington.
Our Tyke & Novice teams did not go to the Hamilton Tournament or the Owen Sound Tournament or the Peterborough tournament because we are not an A or B team and we can't compete with those teams.

When it comes time for provincials why do you force me to play against teams we can't compete against.

When you only have groups of 8 teams in Tyke & Novice A provincials it ruins everything, why have groups of 24 at "C" and groups of 8 at "A"

I would rather save my money and spend it on a 3 day Toronto Rock camp at least my kid would learn lacrosse and have fun and so would the rest of the family that gets to watch the camp.

Instead I get a hotel and spend a bunch of cash for a system that is set up to make sure large centres win championships at lower levels.

Standard group sizes of 16 at every level and follow mylaxratings because the OLA is made up of people who have to take care of their own centres first.

I thank them for the effort they put in but having 8 team groups at Tyke & Novice A messes the whole system up. Make all Tyke & Novice A groups 16 teams and it will go a long way,

Very discouraging to play C ball and know you can't win, as one of those C teams if I would have known in advance I would have applied to put our weak "C" team in 'A" provincials at least we would lose all 3 games but still get a top 10 finish in Ontario.

This year we have 8 Novice A teams, last year there were 12 Novice A teams. The difference is last year a small centre from Wallaceburg played Novice "A" ball a shamed a few of the big centres into playing "A" ball with them.

I don't just complain either I've contacted the OLA and asked them if they needed help with ratings and clearly they do but they refused my help.

As a parent that lives in a border town I am very happy that we have minor lacrosse options in New York, Michigan & Ohio that the OLA does not govern.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:18 pm #7

what seems to be overlooked here is the teams rated from 8-16 blah blah blah those teams should play a because theyre ranked 13 and wont give us a chance of winning NOVICE C provincials do you think maybe the parents think they exact same thing with a we dont wana play a because it doesnt give our team a chance to win provincials. I guarantee you novice kids would rather make the final e then get slaughtered in a. There is a bigger difference between the team ranked #1 and #16 then there is 16 to 50. The ola isnt perfect but nobody is if they put 8 teams in novice a provincials it means the team 9-16 werent going to be competitive. When i played peewee with whitby we went to qualifier as an undefeated we were blowing out team by 15 goals in qualifiers tell me thats good for lacrosse. Anyways only the novice parents care about rankings kids will hace fun no matter what i dont even remember what ranking i was in novice but i remember staying up late watching movies water fights and tag in the hotel with the boys.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 pm #8

Those kids from the small towns, do have fun, at the tournaments etc.. its self made fun at other places besides the arena... You wouldnt know what losing is like.. you would tell 5-6-7-8-9 year olds that losing is okay and its expected??? Just go out and have fun?? Everyone likes to win, or have a shot at winning... Its about those kids getting hamemred all year by better competion, 3 months of sacrafice, to get 1 final shot at being a winner!!! Against there own level of competion.. Us as parents want a great game to watch, close games, being decided in the last minutes. Not 1 team running away with it by 10-12 goals.. great lacrosse.

How long do you think losing overtakes the love of the game?? can anyone answer this?
These small centres lose kids each year, we struggle to get enough kids to make 1 team, u sign up your on the team. Try seeing it thru others eyes.. And yes i understand what it would be like to roll 3 teams at every division, house league systems.. Its a coaches dream!! You should be proud to have that system and you should be playing A & B..

Sorry for the longer rant.. but i have sat on this long enough, if anyone knows how we can fix this, i will volenteer to help.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:04 pm #9

i re-iterate what about those teams ranked maybe 13 in a 12 team a poll they play b and they win theyres always going to be favorites and underdogs both sides of the coin roll here they win b oh they should of been in a they get slaughtered in a should of been in b you cant really win with those fringe teams. When i played field id west durham we won the provincial final in b in midget by 8 goals over burlington we had played a mix of a and b teams we hadnt won a game versus an a team losing by 5-6 everytime so what do we do go play a and not make it to provincials or play b and win it all as you said winning means alot so what do you think people are going to do

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:16 pm #10

What ya mean what about the other guys??? The other guys are still better than most b teams!!! A gives you the very finalitly of the rankings. you could be either #1 oe #16 best in the province. Thats what the major cities should be figthing for? Were is all the JR A Lax Played??

Anyone whos played in a major city will never see the issuse with this. Every small town has the same battles. THe point is its not all about the big dogs!!!!!!!! Mimco #1 couldnt beat an A team when there ranked 7th in ontario??? So they drop to B???

Our C team is a very best on our best gameday is C.. We have lost to D teams as well. We arent crying to go down a division cause we cant win...
We are figthing to make people see the moral issuse with sandbagging and dropping down. We Play were we should be, we are always middle of pack or lower pack, but we surprise people with our heart.

Tell me alex, that you beleive its fair for St catherines, and for Mimico to do what the are doing now. The should be B teams! Take them outta C and you have a very competive grouping.. Anyone could win on any given day.. And thats what it is suspose to be about!! Also the Provies shoudl be rotated around the province.. but you wouldnt like that either would you??