Tyke One Brampton Coaching Staff

Tyke One Brampton Coaching Staff

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:08 pm #1

This is just an open post to the prez of the BMLA. My family had a great time during your tournament.
But myself and my wife are very dissapointed that we had to explain to our TYKE son why the coach's from Brampton are drinking in the parking lot
Right in the open at Terry Miller and in BMLA coaching shirts!!!
We also watched as your Rep head a nice lady also seen them drinking Coor's Light and just kept walking.
I'm glad my kid isin't coached by drunks.
Great tourney but this left a black eye on the weekend.
Next time coach's...drink in private and away from kids

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 pm #2

Please contact me at president@bramptonlacrosse.ca

These are serious accusations and I would like to discuss further before taking action.

FYI. We do not condone drinking of alcoholic beverages by any of our coaches at any of the team functions.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:27 pm #3

Thanks you Albert for responding to my post.I just got off the phone with my son's coach and he told me it was a lady named "Wendy" who witnessed this behavior in the parking lot of Terry Miller. I was told that she is on your exec board and is in charge of the Rep program in Brampton.
I'm sure she will fill you in on the incident and her word is much better than mine since she's one of your exec's.
Thanks for your response.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:29 pm #4

Tyke Parent:

I appreciate you coming forward to advise of this. However, I would have been able to do something about it if you had approached me at the arena.

Your original posting was the first I had heard of this incident, and as Albert has previously indicated this will be investigated.

I do not dispute the fact that I may have looked right at the Brampton Tyke Coaching staff, but it does not mean in my daze that I in fact actually saw them. I ran two arenas that weekend, and was moving most of the time with a purpose, talking on the phone, thinking about what I had to do when I got to the second arena that I was responislbe for. (I had Terry Miller and Victoria Park, due to the loss of South Fletchers).

If I had seen ANYONE at ANY arena drinking in the parking lot I would have asked them to put it away - and told the City Staff to patrol the parking lot.

Again, this will be investigated as the BMLA does not condone this type of behaviour.

In Lacrosse,
Wendy Bennett-Costante
BMLA Rep Co-ordinator
boxrep@bramptonlacrosse.ca

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 am #5

Well by the sounds of your post the investigation should go well-lol
Since you seen them except for the Coor's Light.
Good luck and I'm sure we will see those great coach's in the Whitby parking lot.
Like my wife said "should have called the cops"

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 am #6

Tyke Parent:

I appreciate you coming forward to advise of this. However, I would have been able to do something about it if you had approached me at the arena.

Your original posting was the first I had heard of this incident, and as Albert has previously indicated this will be investigated.

I do not dispute the fact that I may have looked right at the Brampton Tyke Coaching staff, but it does not mean in my daze that I in fact actually saw them. I ran two arenas that weekend, and was moving most of the time with a purpose, talking on the phone, thinking about what I had to do when I got to the second arena that I was responislbe for. (I had Terry Miller and Victoria Park, due to the loss of South Fletchers).

If I had seen ANYONE at ANY arena drinking in the parking lot I would have asked them to put it away - and told the City Staff to patrol the parking lot.

Again, this will be investigated as the BMLA does not condone this type of behaviour.

In Lacrosse,
Wendy Bennett-Costante
BMLA Rep Co-ordinator
boxrep@bramptonlacrosse.ca
seriously how could a 8 year old spot that one... " hey daddy that guys drinking a bud"

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:24 am #7

I never said my kid spotted the beer.
Us as adults seen the brand.
And our son asked us why are the coach's drinking in the parking lot.
Now go back to your beer's in Niagara.
Or read my OP again.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 am #8

how did the child now it was beer? thats my point... a pop v.s a beer?

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:42 am #9

Without you pointing it out, explaining it, or doing what you did, to your kids, would they have known?

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:07 am #10

This is just an open post to the prez of the BMLA. My family had a great time during your tournament.
But myself and my wife are very dissapointed that we had to explain to our TYKE son why the coach's from Brampton are drinking in the parking lot
Right in the open at Terry Miller and in BMLA coaching shirts!!!
We also watched as your Rep head a nice lady also seen them drinking Coor's Light and just kept walking.
I'm glad my kid isin't coached by drunks.
Great tourney but this left a black eye on the weekend.
Next time coach's...drink in private and away from kids
Why would you even post these accusations on a forum? Why not go to the BMLA site and get the proper e-mail and deal with like an "adult".

Even if the guy was having a beer, whats the big deal?

What, did your team get beat by the Brampton team or something?