Two things for next year

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

Two things for next year

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:14 pm #1

1. I'd like to see the nets widened, eliminating the average goalies who benefit from the smaller net size.

2. I'd like to see off-ball slashes called. I'm tired of seeing a defender chopping a players wrists who is nowhere near the ball. Get back to the old days of crosscheck defence. And this starts with the referees actually taking an interest in the game.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:07 pm #2

Is off the ball cross checking allowed? The game is getting soft enough, we don't want the "new nhl" in our game do we? Its the hard nose play that makes the game what it is. just my thoughts.

As for the nets, they could be soccer nets, it wouldn't help me

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:02 pm #3

If you read the message I'd like to see MORE cross-checking. The slashes I'd like removed are the ones where the ball is across the floor and a player is being chopped down like a tree, the ball is nowhere near him at this point so why is slashing a player away from the ball allowed? I don't mind the on-ball slashing as it deters the passer or shooter.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:10 pm #4

sorry, i did mis-read the message. as lomg as we can cross check everywhere i agree 100% about the slashing crap. Good Point

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:37 pm #5

Your are right CROSS checking is not allowed off ball it is a penalty, all you can do is push off ball.. i would like to see the chop on the glove brought back 97% of us are using plastic sticks not like the old days when everyone had a woodie and you could break a wrist or hand. Hey mike remember back in Jr. when Ron tried to make all of us use a woodie just for that reason. We need to get the physical part back in this game.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:52 pm #6

Ron is awesome, both Chat and Macspadgen wanted us to use woodys. I hear the chiefs might be back, do you know anything about this?

Did you play this year?

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:43 pm #7

know nothing. I wasn't good enough for the National champs, so I bought a house and hung out with the kids all summer did a little bowling, drinking and some definite smoking,now just getting ready for field which starts in a week,