Tbay had a Great experience

Tbay had a Great experience

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:01 am #1

To start off, we watched an awesome game between the Redmen and Lakers. After the game we were invited into the Lakers dressing room for pics and autographs. All class Lakers! Thank you for a time me and the boys will never forget. Jr, JT, Evans bros, Steenhuis...... At the festival we got Jamieson, Hill, Doyle and Crowley's autograph/pic. Very cool.

I felt that we had a really good shot at doing well this year, but our lack of playing was evident. It's frustrating to have no one to play up here, but we had fun none the less. The tourny is very well run, it really opens the kids eyes to the whole lax culture and now we have a few more hard core kids.

I think we might even have 3 teams making the trip next year

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:34 am #2

She:kon!

Glad your experience was positive!

Next January or February, consider applying to host a tournament or put the word out you would like to host a bunch of friendly games with teams in the south. If you did any tournaments down here, consider setting up exhibition games in and around the tournament weekend.

If you do host a tournament, consider throwing in a wilderness tour for visiting teams. It would be a great team building weekend. Or maybe try to find some super deals with an airline or bus charter. It would be nice to get up there to play some lacrosse.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 am #3

We tried to have a tournament last year with no success, but I like your ideas and will pass them along. Thunder Bay is a beautiful place and there is tons to do here, I believe it would make a great get away for lax teams. Thunder Bay area is considered the birth place of the game after all.

Thanks.
Jeff

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:11 pm #4

Hey Coach,

Would like to "TRY" and set something up for next year if you could email me we could run some ideas around and maybe come up with something feasible

Doug Kemp
North Perth Outlaws
kemper12@sympatico.ca