Sick CUFLA video

Sick CUFLA video

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:22 am #1

I know everyones gearing up for box season but check out this video that the Carleton Ravens have made -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxgjYXClQs

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:46 pm #2

What is "sick" about that video? Completely pedestrian.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am #3

I know everyones gearing up for box season but check out this video that the Carleton Ravens have made -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxgjYXClQs
In the interest of "sick"ness, dont you think it would have been prudent to get someone who could actually hit the corner they were aiming at? i mean when you have a close up of the corner and the ball doesnt even come close to it, that isnt very sick.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:14 am #4

Had yourself a bad day eh bud? I'm gonna go ahead and say that corner was pretty much picked, woulda been a definite gino top cheddar

As for the tips on who is "prudent" to include just leave that up to us oletimer lol maybe take a look at the league points leader?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:29 am #5

In the interest of "sick"ness, dont you think it would have been prudent to get someone who could actually hit the corner they were aiming at? i mean when you have a close up of the corner and the ball doesnt even come close to it, that isnt very sick.
Oletimelax is a firm believer in scrubbing it out in a crappy DIII school, paying higher tuition for a lesser education in the States rather then play CUFLA. The truth of the matter is there are some very good players in the CUFLA right now and it continues to get better. It will be interesting to see where it is 5 years from now.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:15 pm #6

At least there are some guys out there trying to promote the game instead of simply coming on here bashing the work of others.

Go Ravens Go
(can you tell it's my alma mater)

Wayne Paddick

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 pm #7

Oletimelax is a firm believer in scrubbing it out in a crappy DIII school, paying higher tuition for a lesser education in the States rather then play CUFLA. The truth of the matter is there are some very good players in the CUFLA right now and it continues to get better. It will be interesting to see where it is 5 years from now.
Frankly, it's hard to imagine somewhere where you could get a worse edcation than Carleton.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:29 pm #8

Clearly you cheer for another Canadian school? Considering Carleton "has been consistently ranked among the top 10 comprehensive universities in Canada" it seems that you are not educated. Lets not kid ourselves, Carleton is NOT Mcgill haha but still provides better education than many U.S schools and a more recognized degree when working in Canada than the majority of small U.S colleges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carleton_University

and lax567 I definitely agree. Many schools in Cufla are making huge strides in their programs, it's a great opportunity for Canadians to pay much less, even with a scholarship to the states, than many U.S colleges and still play high level lacrosse. I hope to see more exhibition games in the future with U.S colleges to better the programs and see how compares! Look forward to the future of the league.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:32 pm #9

Frankly, it's hard to imagine somewhere where you could get a worse edcation than Carleton.
Carleton makes the SUNY colleges and most other Div III schools (with exceptions) look like high schools. Just look at what it takes a Canadian kid to get into those schools and it's easy to see that the education level in Ontario is much higher.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:44 pm #10

Clearly you cheer for another Canadian school? Considering Carleton "has been consistently ranked among the top 10 comprehensive universities in Canada" it seems that you are not educated. Lets not kid ourselves, Carleton is NOT Mcgill haha but still provides better education than many U.S schools and a more recognized degree when working in Canada than the majority of small U.S colleges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carleton_University

and lax567 I definitely agree. Many schools in Cufla are making huge strides in their programs, it's a great opportunity for Canadians to pay much less, even with a scholarship to the states, than many U.S colleges and still play high level lacrosse. I hope to see more exhibition games in the future with U.S colleges to better the programs and see how compares! Look forward to the future of the league.
I agree with you totally, but you might want to use a different source than wikipedia as evidence next time.

The fact of the matter is that to become accredited as an University in Canada, the institution is held to a much higher standard in Canada than a lot of the small schools found down south. There is also much more consistency found throughout schools in Canada than in the US. There is no doubt a premium put on educations from schools like Queens and McGill, but you will not find the discrepancy like in the US if you looked at comparing Yale to Bob's Your Uncle State.