scrappy game in Whitby tonight!.. JR A Warriors defeat Arrows 14-10. nm

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am #1

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:43 am #2

what was the attempt to injure for ???

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 am #3

a fulls swing slash to the knee. It was more than 'attempt to injure', the attempt was successful.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 am #4

do not know the extent of the injury

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:05 am #5

a fulls swing slash to the knee. It was more than 'attempt to injure', the attempt was successful.
Full slash to the back of the knees with a woodie as the whitby player was just going off the floor. It was so hard that the Whitby players feet totally left the floor and he landed on his back .This could easily be a career ending injury.Nations player couldn't get to the box fast enough so as not to have to answer the bell . GUTLESS AND CLASSLESS!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 am #6

I wonder if Dean McLeod will have the balls to come out from under his rock and do something about this. My money is on "no".

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:44 am #7

see july 11 posts - talked about 'gutless and classless' acts by whitby team
never want to see a player get hurt - hope whitby player is ok - but live by the sword, ......

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:05 am #8

I wonder if Dean McLeod will have the balls to come out from under his rock and do something about this. My money is on "no".
Sadly, I only caught the act out of the corner of my eye as I was watching other nonsense further up floor, so can't really comment on how awful it was.

I think the Match call virtually ensures that the aggressor is sitting for the next game.

Given the result, I wonder if there are going to be more games tacked on.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:10 am #9

see july 11 posts - talked about 'gutless and classless' acts by whitby team
never want to see a player get hurt - hope whitby player is ok - but live by the sword, ......
Did not catch the game, but it would seem from reading the posts that the Nations player (name easily available from the game sheet)used the woodie to intentionally injure a Whitby player, Lintner I believe. Having seen the Nations player use the woodie before, this is no surprise. The woodie, with the exception of Durno of the Beaches about a decade ago, has only been used by less talented Nations players and always for gooning and intimidation, and this may be no exception. The use of the woodie cheapens the game. Now I expect a howl from the tupperware haters and the traditionalists from the reserve, but the game has moved on. Whereas years ago, maybe decades ago, players could use the woodie with respect as well as with skill, it has deteriorated to the weapon of choice used by some native players on defence to intimidate/hurt/injure.

They should've been banned years ago, let's see what the *** ******* junior A commish does with this one if the account of the incident is accurate. How about, suspend the player for the year if not longer, tho' if the player is the son of a coach, ... *****. Also, take a bold step, ban the woodie. It won't affect any offensive totals but may take a goon or two out of the game if they cannot use their weapon. It's time has passed.

You know, if this kid is seriously injured as a result of the woodie cheapshot, you might now understand why some talented players who get a chance to score an NCAA education and play field, lose interest in playing junior A lacrosse after awhile. It is just not worth playing against some numbskulls that have little respect for the opponent and sportsmanship.
Last edited by tsitshoh on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:11 am #10

Full slash to the back of the knees with a woodie as the whitby player was just going off the floor. It was so hard that the Whitby players feet totally left the floor and he landed on his back .This could easily be a career ending injury.Nations player couldn't get to the box fast enough so as not to have to answer the bell . GUTLESS AND CLASSLESS!
I have been going to lacrosse games for over 45 years .This was one of the worst and most cowardly things I have ever seen.There was definite intent to injure.How can anyone using a wooden stick do what he did? Linter had to be carried off the floor.He will be lucky if there isn't permanent damage.There is no question that # 9 Pierce Abrams ( I assume this is the correct player ) should be suspended until the end of the year.If he did this on the street he would have been arrested. Another sad part was I had been talking to a friend about how much Six Nations had changed . At one time you could easily beat Six Nations by getting them to fight,but good coaching and managing had ended most of this .I guess I was wrong ?