Refereeing

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

Refereeing

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:02 pm #1

I watch alot of Major, Senior and Junior games and this year there seems to be quite an exception as far as refereeing goes. It seems to me that alot of the "established" referees seem to feel like it's below them to ref anything but Major games and when doing so, don't give it their best effort. I've seen ref's act like they're above the game in several instances this year in the Senior B league concerning just about all teams.

The old adage is that a referee is doing a great job when you least notice him on the floor, well this year they've been very noticeable and I'm not noticing anything different as far as play or level or incidents involved in the game. Anyone else with a comment regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:07 am #2

One Senior B coach said something similar to me except he feels that the refs show Senior B the least amount of respect of the four OLA leagues.

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:21 am #3

I think its the other way around with the repsect thing in this league

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:51 am #4

One Senior B coach said something similar to me except he feels that the refs show Senior B the least amount of respect of the four OLA leagues.
the referees show the respect they get?