ratings

ratings

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 pm #1

Can someone please tell me when the ola is going to make it a fair playing field when the teams go to the provies. Unless you play lacrosse in the gta area the ola will rate teams so it is almost impossible to win unless you live in the gta.. Small town ontario doesn't exist in the ola's eyes.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm #2

Someone has to be the low seed in your pool and if it happens to be you then don't seal your teams fate in the beginning of July and say they can't win, you have time work hard and get better, don't always look to take the easy road, how many "D" provincials have you won?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:24 pm #3

Our team isnt rated the lowest seed and im not giving up on the kids at all. I would like to know how the ratings are done considering in our zone 2 D teams have beat us all year and we are rated higher than them. It makes no sense to me

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm #4

What teams & divisions?

Are you sure that your coach/centre didn't request that rating?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 pm #5

Our team isnt rated the lowest seed and im not giving up on the kids at all. I would like to know how the ratings are done considering in our zone 2 D teams have beat us all year and we are rated higher than them. It makes no sense to me
Just go and support your kids, encourage them to have fun and play the game the best they can. Don't get them worked up about ratings, whatever they are ranked tell them they have a great chance of winning if they play their best.

Parents can psyc out there kids before they even get to provincials with their constant gripes about ratings I see it all the time in our org and it ruins a coaches hard work.

The entire province of Ontario will never be 100% happy with ratings but you have a month to get better than the opponents in your group so thats what I would focus on.

Extra practices, here in Toronto we run camps & clinics all July to get better before provincials, I'm not sure where you are from but do whatever it takes to improve your game in the next month and don't worry about your opponents, minor travel lacrosse is about learning and playing at the highest level you can.

Worry about wins & losses if you are fortunate enough to play on the last day of a tournament of provincials or if your playing Jr lacrosse.

If you are playing at a higher level than you think you should be then sit back and watch the competition because if you think they are better than you then your kids, parents & coaches can learn from their opponents.

Try and enjoy yourself and don't worry about things you can't control

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:50 pm #6

Well said! (nm)

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:41 pm #7

Someone has to be the low seed in your pool and if it happens to be you then don't seal your teams fate in the beginning of July and say they can't win, you have time work hard and get better, don't always look to take the easy road, how many "D" provincials have you won?
0 thats how many d champs our group has 1.. what kind of stupid resposnse is that? He didnt say they would win.all the small towns want a fair shot at it. Alot has to come together to win. We dont need sand baggers to make it impossible

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:31 pm #8

I agree the problem isn't C teams wanting to play D ball the problem is B teams should not have to play against 8 A teams that know they can't win so the drop down and thats the major flaw it causes problems in every other group by letting these teams go down a level.

If you've been playing in A/B tournaments all year you should have to play A/B at provincials.

If you've dominated C ball all year you should have to play B at provincials.

There are some large centres that are the root of all the ratings issues.

If you want to reduce these problems have the first 4 group sizes set in stone A,B,C,D all have 16 teams every year and add as many letters as required from the growth of the game.

Last year there was 12 Novice "A" teams and this year there is only 8 Novice A teams what does that mean for B,C,D, & E Novice groups.

Groups need to be the same size with equal groups every year, no byes to the final or semi final just make equal group sizes at every level there are 26 letters in the alphabet, let's use them all if we have to it's youth sports an 8 year old would love to win a L provincials.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 am #9

read possts 15 and 26 by xxref. if put into effect would solve a lot of problems.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:17 am #10

They dont know the division difference.well said