Ratings ... my two cents

Ratings ... my two cents

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 pm #1

It's has very serious problems and needs to be fixed.

If the OLA/CLA wants to remain at the forefront of the sport and nurture its growth, especially at the minor level it needs to be more proactive and open to change in all aspects of the sport. Mylaxrankings is a great step for the OLA, but it has been a long time coming and this is only one step forward.

There needs to be serious OPEN discussions/roundtables around some very big Canadian lax issues imo. From what I can see some of the best discussions are here on an informal forum !!! Pretty much says it all if you ask me, and even then, apparently the OLA doesn't want to be a part of it or contribute to it.

This is not just an OLA issue, when was the last time NB didn't send a team to Nationals ?! Makes you wonder who might be next .......... meanwhile one of the fastest growing sports in the US...... our competitive advantage might be shrinking faster then a kids ice cream on IP2 !

rtk

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:13 am #2

I couldn't agree with you more.However there is more chance you will be ignored than listened to. I have said pretty well the same thing and been accused of being a whiner. They tell me to offer suggestions for change and improvement,so I do that and the only response I get is that it is too much trouble. I am beginning to get the feeling that the teams in A are happy, so, as far as the OLA is concerned,"all is right with the world' and who gives a damn about B,C,D and E. You lowly peons just suck it up,shut up and be happy to get your *** handed to you at provincials as the number 30 ranked team in B,C,D or E while the A's move along with their tightly knit little group of 8 or maybe 10. Somewhere along the line I guess I somehow missed the point of rating teams. I thought the point was to group teams together that had the ability to compete with the other teams in that group. However, it seems the real point is to put enough teams in the B-E divisions that the lower teams in each division are far enough behind the upper teams in that division that they are sent to slaughter rather than to compete.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm #3

LET ME SCHEDULE IT THEN BECAUSE IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TEAMS PLAYING - LET ME FIX THE PROVINCIAL BLOWOUTS!!!

Make 10 team groups then, have the "A" division dictate the size of all groups, I don't care if it's 8 team groups, whatever size group you go with in the "A" division have that set up the size of every group at provincials if you want to go with 8 teams then have 8 teams in every group.

Tell me why the "A" division gets a 1 in 8 chance for a championship while the rest of the province gets a 1 in 24 chance.

I'd rather compete for a "L" provincial championship for my $1000 trip to Whitby (2 kids) then go knowing I 'm going to lose 3 games by 10 goals and come home.

I like your response and if there are only 8 "A" teams in Ontario then have 8 "B" teams and 8 "C" teams and 8 "D" teams and 8 "E" teams and use as many letters as necessary.

But what the OLA is saying is that blowouts in the "A" division cannot happen but it is alright at every other level, I can fix all of this in one year guaranteed!!!!!!!!