Provincial Rankings Questions

Provincial Rankings Questions

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm #1

As I understand it, after the rankings come out from the OLA, you have a narrow window to appeal your ranking and your letter (A,B,C,D,E). But can you appeal SOMEONE ELSE'S ranking? i.e. if you think there is a real good reason a particular team is ranked way too low, can you request that the OLA review that other team's ranking?

I know of one particular team that has been missing 2/3 A players for most of their games and their results reflect it. Without these kids, the team is a D and maybe even an E (and they are ranked in that territory in the new software that just came out). However, in a couple of games, they played with the A players and competed very well at C (lost by a goal, won by 2, etc). So of course, will the A ball players be with them for Provincials? Who knows, but one can assume......and if they bring the A players and they are ranked a D or god-forbid an E, they win it walking away.

How can this situation be properly dealt with and addressed?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm #2

No. The process allows teams to appeal their own ranking only.

Hopefully the coach/manager of the team in question will appeal to move up to "C" if they wind up in "D".