Preliminary rankings massively flawed?

Preliminary rankings massively flawed?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 am #1

Has anyone else noticed terrible flaws in there preliminary rankings?

For example in midget there are several teams listed that don't exist (Newmarket 2, kawartha lakes, orangeville 3, centre wellington 2, wallaceberg 2...and I assume even more)

Aswell, Orillia (ranked 3rd on MyLax) is placed in B.

Ive noticed this from looking for about 5 minutes. Has anyone else noticed that these rankings seem incredibly poorly done?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:40 am #2

The preliminary ratings are released before the season starts. They are based on submissions from the centres and based more on expectations based on past results. They are the guideline for tournament entry, etc. and always vary significantly by the time the final ratings are released.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm #3

Where are the final ratings?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm #4

The ratings were released yesterday morning....

And as usual many flaws!

MyLax is a wonderful tool that has placed teams accordingly too bad the person in charge did not follow it! We have this great tool lets use it....if it can figure out the goal differential between games not even played yet they must be doing something right!

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm #5

They may be "out" but not in the public domain....that would be this website or the OLA site. And I'm told they will be on the OLA site within 2 hours or so.....

It would seem the inner circle (Association presidents) get them first, presumably to identify any glaring errors. Hopefully they are released soon....or someone in the know could post them here....

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:15 pm #6

The ratings were released yesterday morning....

And as usual many flaws!

MyLax is a wonderful tool that has placed teams accordingly too bad the person in charge did not follow it! We have this great tool lets use it....if it can figure out the goal differential between games not even played yet they must be doing something right!
As I have said before a lot of teams on mylax are missing games .I know of one team that is missing 5 and it seems that the lead time for posting a game is about 5 days .So if you miss the ideal time to get your game posted you will wait almost 2 weeks to see that score reflected on your rating.(and therefore everyone elses)
You have the ability to correct existing games but you cannot add a game yourself.
If you could just post your own games (like on the field site)everything would be up to date and done in real time.
Still ,its a pretty good tool considering its only been up 4 weeks.