Pee Wee D - Day 1 Recap

Pee Wee D - Day 1 Recap

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:13 am #1

After 16 games, 4 teams are out of the race for Pee Wee's D crown.

Groups 2 and 3 have already given quarter final berths to Kahnawake, Shelburn, Milton and Mississauga 2 all going 2-0. Their first game tomorrow only dictates who they play, not whether they do.
Uxbridge, Mimico2, Clarington2 and Midland all went 0-2 thus eliminating them from contention.

Kahnawake is the team to beat out of these 4 contenders. They have 3 Iroquois Nationals players 10, 22, 23. Just look for the only three wearing grey helmets. 15 has a really good outside shot too.
Shelburn has 27, i think this kid can teleport himself, he can fast break real well. And their goaltending was very good.
I would take Kahnawake in this matchup, by 3 goals.

Mississauga 2 I feel would give Kahnawake the toughest run.

Group 4 is really tight, and saw 2 ties, both to Caledon. This makes those two games tomorrow very important.
A tie for Whitby 4 tomorrow moves them onto the quarters, that, or a loss and some help. Whitby plays Innisfil who needs a win and some help to advance.
Oakville 3 plays Caledon. Whoever wins this one advances, a tie would bring in the OLA tie breaker formate.

Group 1
Without Donevan Rec reporting its game yet, I can only speculate. So I wont.

Some really close games, which tells me the OLA did a good job on these rankings. The only blowout was the 9-1 Kahnawake over Uxbridge game.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:56 pm #2

a team at provincials in D that had 3 team Ontario players on their team

Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 pm #3

untrue. No D players on Team O.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:44 pm #4

I am pretty sure I said they played on the Iroquois team. www.kahnawakelacrosse.com was my source.

Does the Iroquois team have the same guidelines as Team O. As in number of players from a specific centre. They do only have Six Nations, Akwasasne, Kahnawake to pull from. I must be missing some. I am sure there are players on teams like Fort Erie and Brantford that would be eligible.

Burlington 2 Bantam who is ranked E, has a pee wee team O player on from last year...but they never won a game all year. They are now 2-0 with some blow outs.

What baffles me is that they won 2 C tourneys. Limestone and Gloucester.
Sonney Herrington tourney they did lose to Huntsville (C) 10-1.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 pm #5

We're baffled too....we fully expected to be rated C and were quite shocked and insulted at our D rating. However, our efforts now are to prove (to the OLA) that the Kahnawake Mohawks Pee Wee team is NOT a D team! Good luck to all who face us!

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 am #6

I am pretty sure I said they played on the Iroquois team. www.kahnawakelacrosse.com was my source.

Does the Iroquois team have the same guidelines as Team O. As in number of players from a specific centre. They do only have Six Nations, Akwasasne, Kahnawake to pull from. I must be missing some. I am sure there are players on teams like Fort Erie and Brantford that would be eligible.

Burlington 2 Bantam who is ranked E, has a pee wee team O player on from last year...but they never won a game all year. They are now 2-0 with some blow outs.

Where is "have the same guidelines as Team O. As in number of players from a specific centre." this Team O guideline documented?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:48 am #7

The Native team also draws from New York state as well as other reseves in Ontario , though not many players come from the big lacrosse centres. I believe there was two kids last year that were from Curve Lake a reserve north of Peterborough near Buckhorn

New York reserves like Ononodaga , Newtown , Oneida

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 am #8

maybe if you thought you were a 'c' team you should have done the classy thing and asked to play 'c' rather than embarass legitimate 'd' teams. have fun with your tainted 'd' trophy if in fact you win it.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:30 am #9

We did exactly that....the almighty OLA held firm on their decision....

signed Classy Lady

ps...which losing team are u from?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:15 am #10

After 16 games, 4 teams are out of the race for Pee Wee's D crown.

Groups 2 and 3 have already given quarter final berths to Kahnawake, Shelburn, Milton and Mississauga 2 all going 2-0. Their first game tomorrow only dictates who they play, not whether they do.
Uxbridge, Mimico2, Clarington2 and Midland all went 0-2 thus eliminating them from contention.

Kahnawake is the team to beat out of these 4 contenders. They have 3 Iroquois Nationals players 10, 22, 23. Just look for the only three wearing grey helmets. 15 has a really good outside shot too.
Shelburn has 27, i think this kid can teleport himself, he can fast break real well. And their goaltending was very good.
I would take Kahnawake in this matchup, by 3 goals.

Mississauga 2 I feel would give Kahnawake the toughest run.

Group 4 is really tight, and saw 2 ties, both to Caledon. This makes those two games tomorrow very important.
A tie for Whitby 4 tomorrow moves them onto the quarters, that, or a loss and some help. Whitby plays Innisfil who needs a win and some help to advance.
Oakville 3 plays Caledon. Whoever wins this one advances, a tie would bring in the OLA tie breaker formate.

Group 1
Without Donevan Rec reporting its game yet, I can only speculate. So I wont.

Some really close games, which tells me the OLA did a good job on these rankings. The only blowout was the 9-1 Kahnawake over Uxbridge game.
And then there were 4.

Our team has played all of them. Two from Zone 10 play and the others in weekend affairs.

Newmarket vs Kahnawake.

I would have to call Kahnawake by 3. Newmarket is a really defensive team and doesn't generate more than 6 goals. If Newmarket can hold kahnawake to less then 5 they stand a good chance. Otherwise, Newmarket will need to shoot more than kahnawake, which i doubt will happen.

Mississauga vs KW

Although we shot-out Mississauga 3-0 in zone play and lost to KW 7-6, I believe Mississauga will win. They seem to have figured out how to score a lot since our match. And they have the best GAA.

On a side note, I think that teams who appeal to go higher then ranked and get denied should be applauded for doing everything in their ability to prove them wrong. So...will a team that won 1 'C/D' Tourney or a team that won 2 'C/D' tournies win this 'D' title.

I said Mississagua would be Kahnawake's biggest competition after their first game

My call for the prize: Someone from Zone 10