Owen Sound

This forum is now archived. Please post OLA Masters info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

Owen Sound

Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:44 pm #1

Haven't played Owen Sound Jrs yet, so that should be interesting. However, I expect to have a good game against Barrie, not coming out flat like we did on the Friday last time (friday nights are killer for those of us who aren't married/attached - only one sport that I do friday nights)

Fortunately, we play Warriors on friday night. Windsor was the team that literally cheated the last tournament's win from us, especially with Derush holding me back on a odd man rush with 2 min left, and then getting George (who turned around at the sound of stick on stick contact) to call offsetting penalties - giving Windsor a penalty shot, a two goal lead, and the game.
And all those uncalled picks, which were set clearly, with players actually stepping up to their picked targets and stopping (not even moving, which whitby does, and which is legal, so long as the attacker must drives his man into the pick for the pick to work )

So no problem getting ready for friday night this time. And the first guy who holds me back while I'm trying to get up the floor is getting a stick (either end) in the head or gut. First guy who tries to run over me on a cut is getting his feet swept out from under him. I've played three tournaments fairly, and came away from last tournament with 4 minutes of non-penalty penalties and an unsportsmanlike (my first in 13 years of box and field). We have one or two wins, and I am having fun. But now it's time to do what it takes to win - I'll still have fun, but you can bet other teams won't.

Those of you with weak ankles, you're going to see some interesting and perfectly legal defense this weekend (and it's not even penalizable, though some refs will call tripping if they see defender motion)

Sucks not to be on my team.
Good luck

Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:27 pm #2

You seem to have forgotten that the reason for playing Masters lacrosse is for the fun of it and not for winning at all costs. Although it can be a pain in the ass to play against guys who will do ANYTHING to gain an edge why become one of them. Hope you have a good time on the weekend.Wait till you are old enough to play senior where the guys are too old to care so much about the outcome of the game and just play because its better than being home cutting the grass.

Cheers

Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:44 am #3

It's not fun playing the game by the rules and not only losing, but being penalised for it.

There is no way to win a game where the referees reinvent the rules, refuse to make calls, and the players of one team ignore them.

I've never played dirty, I don't wear any pads (anyone wearing elbow pads, other than the top scorers, deserved to have their arms chopped off, cause that's what they do to others) but I will respond in kind - even if it comes at a later date. Far as I'm concerned, friday night is a regular game of box - that's what Windsor played last game, that's what I'm going to play friday. Game on

Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:06 pm #4

Haven't played Owen Sound Jrs yet, so that should be interesting. However, I expect to have a good game against Barrie, not coming out flat like we did on the Friday last time (friday nights are killer for those of us who aren't married/attached - only one sport that I do friday nights)

Fortunately, we play Warriors on friday night. Windsor was the team that literally cheated the last tournament's win from us, especially with Derush holding me back on a odd man rush with 2 min left, and then getting George (who turned around at the sound of stick on stick contact) to call offsetting penalties - giving Windsor a penalty shot, a two goal lead, and the game.
And all those uncalled picks, which were set clearly, with players actually stepping up to their picked targets and stopping (not even moving, which whitby does, and which is legal, so long as the attacker must drives his man into the pick for the pick to work )

So no problem getting ready for friday night this time. And the first guy who holds me back while I'm trying to get up the floor is getting a stick (either end) in the head or gut. First guy who tries to run over me on a cut is getting his feet swept out from under him. I've played three tournaments fairly, and came away from last tournament with 4 minutes of non-penalty penalties and an unsportsmanlike (my first in 13 years of box and field). We have one or two wins, and I am having fun. But now it's time to do what it takes to win - I'll still have fun, but you can bet other teams won't.

Those of you with weak ankles, you're going to see some interesting and perfectly legal defense this weekend (and it's not even penalizable, though some refs will call tripping if they see defender motion)

Sucks not to be on my team.
Good luck
...Just because Windsor does it doesn't mean it is right, we are here to have fun, and yes I know how it feels to get cheap shots from players, been there done that got the t-shirt. But going down to there level is not the answer. You will then be part of the problem, not the solution. You play a clean game, the refs know what teams play dirty and which ones play clean. We want to be a clean team, so IF you do anything stupid I WILL do something to you, because I can, and I don't mean by hitting you or anything on the floor. I know who you are and were you are sleeping this weekend, so keep an eye open, ahahahhahahahahahaha.

Tony #88

Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:58 pm #5

It's not fun playing the game by the rules and not only losing, but being penalised for it.

There is no way to win a game where the referees reinvent the rules, refuse to make calls, and the players of one team ignore them.

I've never played dirty, I don't wear any pads (anyone wearing elbow pads, other than the top scorers, deserved to have their arms chopped off, cause that's what they do to others) but I will respond in kind - even if it comes at a later date. Far as I'm concerned, friday night is a regular game of box - that's what Windsor played last game, that's what I'm going to play friday. Game on
I don't know if I need to say any thing else in this message that my title hasn't already covered. Why are you talking all of this trash in here. This is so UNCOOL!!!! Just shut up, play the game and be done with it. All this trash talking only makes me want to beat the crap out of you and you are on MY team. This team doesn't need the reputation that you are creating for it. Tony is bad enough but now you....GIVE IT A REST!!!!!

Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:30 pm #6

That might be the funniest post I have read all day ... "and you are on MY team" HAHAHAHA thats great, thanks for the laugh