OLA

OLA

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:05 am #1

You know what upsets people is when you ask an organization something and you get NO reply one way or the other. I’m not a Kevin Johnson supporter but he may be right in a couple of areas the way he goes about things MAY not be right. I have approached the OzLA executive in the past week twice and have asked for the Junior A schedule and have NOT received anything one way or the other we are all stakeholders why not say something?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm #2

I’ve been a Coach , Manager and Rep Director in minor lacrosse. I have sent emails to various OLA execs over the years. Usually to the exec I felt was in a best position to answer my question. The only and I mean the only response I ever got was when I emailed Stan Cockerton, often after being ignored by others.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:55 pm #3

Technically, couldn't everyone just ignore the OLA?
They have no real authority other than people seem to be afraid of them. They are like a mafia.

Couldn't everyone in the zones do their own schedules, discipline etc?

Couldn't all the zone heads just create a new OLA?

Couldn't we just start over?

Hypothetically speaking

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:40 am #4

You know what upsets people is when you ask an organization something and you get NO reply one way or the other. I’m not a Kevin Johnson supporter but he may be right in a couple of areas the way he goes about things MAY not be right. I have approached the OzLA executive in the past week twice and have asked for the Junior A schedule and have NOT received anything one way or the other we are all stakeholders why not say something?
Regarding the schedule, it's probably too early. Years ago it used to be a very exciting time anticipating the OLA schedule then, once I had it, going through it to plan all my road trips and see how many games I might get to. The thing is, I doubt i ever saw a schedule before mid April. Glen Dundas was great at posting the master schedule here.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:22 pm #5

I agree and apart from assigning the Referees the OLA has nothing to do with the schedules. They just post them on their website when the Leagues provide them.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm #6

What does the OLA do these days.

They off loaded coaching clinics to organizations and now their isn't enough of them especially for field.

They don't do scheduling - Got to love Field scheduling though, a couple days before provincials and still no schedule usually.

Do we even need the OLA?

If zones take care of assigning refs and booking floors.
Reps from each organization form a committee to deal with any infractions etc.

does the OLA become non important?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm #7

OLA assign refs?
Zone assign refs?

Associations are responsible (at least in my experience) for assigning referees, usually the Association RIC assigns the referees for the zone (and exhibition)games run in his/her association, sometimes this is done by someone else on the executive such as the scheduler.

again this is from MY EXPERIENCE, it may not be done Ontario wide

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 pm #8

The OLA assigns Referees for Junior games. The original poster asked about the Jr. A schedule.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:47 pm #9

What does the OLA do these days.

They off loaded coaching clinics to organizations and now their isn't enough of them especially for field.

They don't do scheduling - Got to love Field scheduling though, a couple days before provincials and still no schedule usually.

Do we even need the OLA?

If zones take care of assigning refs and booking floors.
Reps from each organization form a committee to deal with any infractions etc.

does the OLA become non important?
They charge fees.
They increase fees.
They issue fines.
They are a pain in everyone's ***** !