OLA

OLA

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 pm #1

I know its a slow time for the OLA, but it seems the OLA Fan forum has been taken over by CLAX posts.

I know there is some overlap with the question of contact info rights and also some players playing for the OLA and CLAX.

Other lacrosse leagues have links at the top where those interested in that particular league can go. IMO the CLAX league should be treated the same.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 pm #2

She:kon!

Do you mean someone should make a link to the Canadian Lacrosse League under the 'League Websites' heading, next to the National Lacrosse League link?

Done a few months ago.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:38 pm #3

I think he meant starting a CLAX Forum so those that are interested in OLA are not having to sift through all the CLAX posts...That is not not a slam on CLAX. But I believe that is what the poster meant

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 am #4

Having the link to the website, which would allow posters to post on the CLAX website fan forum and as the other poster said - not having to wade through a lot of CLAX info to keep up to date on the ola

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 am #5

Problem is, if we limit CLAX, we also ought to limit NLL, MLL, winter leagues, clinics, recruitment camps, tournaments in Calgary and so forth. I am not prepared to do that.

The CLAX stuff is winter lacrosse, in Ontario. That makes it 2 out of three for the acronym O.L.A and that is close enough for me. Be patient, once the winter season passes, the summer season will start like clockwork.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 am #6

I understand.... guess I just miss Major Series discussions..looking forward to the summer..

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm #7

Do you mean someone should make a link to the Canadian Lacrosse League under the 'League Websites' heading, next to the National Lacrosse League link?

Done a few months ago.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...
Tsitshoh,

I am wondering if your moderator access allows you to merge threads together to avoid duplication or repetition of items.

Case in point, Wamper has posted below the CLax Stars of the Week as one thread and then started a second thread with a link to IL Indoor story on CLax rankings and Stars of the Week. They appear to be related in nature and could be paired together.

I would think that combining the two threads into one simple Clax stars of the Week/Promo thread would be worthwhile and make the forum easier to navigate.

You could also do this for the myriad threads in the summer on "Toughest Guy in Jr. B" and save us all some time in scrolling!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:53 pm #8

Problem is, if we limit CLAX, we also ought to limit NLL, MLL, winter leagues, clinics, recruitment camps, tournaments in Calgary and so forth. I am not prepared to do that.

The CLAX stuff is winter lacrosse, in Ontario. That makes it 2 out of three for the acronym O.L.A and that is close enough for me. Be patient, once the winter season passes, the summer season will start like clockwork.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...
Based on your first paragraph it seems you have plenty of material and justification for "Other Lacrosse" category.

Regards,
Jim

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:31 pm #9

Tsitshoh,

I am wondering if your moderator access allows you to merge threads together to avoid duplication or repetition of items.

Case in point, Wamper has posted below the CLax Stars of the Week as one thread and then started a second thread with a link to IL Indoor story on CLax rankings and Stars of the Week. They appear to be related in nature and could be paired together.

I would think that combining the two threads into one simple Clax stars of the Week/Promo thread would be worthwhile and make the forum easier to navigate.

You could also do this for the myriad threads in the summer on "Toughest Guy in Jr. B" and save us all some time in scrolling!
mrs. t would just love him having another non-paying full time job

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm #10

Based on your first paragraph it seems you have plenty of material and justification for "Other Lacrosse" category.

Regards,
Jim
She:kon Jim,

One might think there would be enough material for another forum, but those are categories of material, not volume. Take that stuff away and the forum gets awfully quiet in the off season. It is kind of nice to see lots of activity about Ontario lacrosse in January. Plus, I would rather not have to police peeps for posting in the wrong place.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...