OLA Sr B Regular Season Awards

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

OLA Sr B Regular Season Awards

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:27 pm #1

Best Goaltenders: Mark McManus & Josh Agar - Wellington Aces

Leading Scorer: Scott Gillingham - Brooklin Merchants

Best Defensive Player: John Veltman - A.P. Rock

Most Sportsmanship Player: Jeff Nickel -Owen Sound Woodsmen

Most Dedicated Player: Brad Reed - Brooklin Merchants

Best Two Way Player: Barrett Church - Brooklin Merchants

Most Valuable Player: Brian Quinn - Mohawk Stars & St.Clair Storm

Coaches: John Lovell & Dean George - Wellington Aces
Last edited by olaf_admin on Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:30 pm #2

OK,,, way to go to all the winners, but who picks em? Most dedicated player,,,,Brad Reed???? Give your head a shake chum. Best 2 way player,,, Mr. Church( guess he's better than the "other Veltman,Jim) Pleeeeaasse!!!! The ultimate one is most valuable player,Brian Quinn. I guess when your team wins 2 games the most valued people in ST. CLAIR would be the FANS!!!!!!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:49 pm #3

nm

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:23 am #4

OK,,, way to go to all the winners, but who picks em? Most dedicated player,,,,Brad Reed???? Give your head a shake chum. Best 2 way player,,, Mr. Church( guess he's better than the "other Veltman,Jim) Pleeeeaasse!!!! The ultimate one is most valuable player,Brian Quinn. I guess when your team wins 2 games the most valued people in ST. CLAIR would be the FANS!!!!!!

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:08 pm #5

Try and not be so Ajax biased. There are other teams in the league other than the Rock. When you see every team in this league play in their own buildings year after year you notice who the bright sparks are as they emerge. I don't see your name on the list, so don't knock the people who are on it. It's much better for the game if you appreciate the league as a whole instead of singling out your favorites. I'm sure you would have had an Ajax player for every spot you could if you were given the choice. Thankfully, you weren't.

Congratulations to all who were on the list.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:24 pm #6

First of all I was not knocking anyone on the list. I was commenting on this person or persons choices. You are also correct about me not being on the"list" and you are also correct about me being biased,,, but I also watch day after day and from where I watch the games, I have to stick to MY opinions chum. They are only my (and probably 50 other people that would agree with me) opinions. Didn't mean to upset you chum ,, so sit up in the stands and enjoy the playoffs.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:46 pm #7

Sorry to ruffle your feathers. I'm 63 years old, I don't think they'd let me sit on the bench, so the stands are fine for me. The higher the better, and it's gives me the broadest view of the whole game. You should try it sometime.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:42 pm #8

63 years old,,, glad to see you still have a passion for this great game,and you probably have forgotten more than I know about the game. You didn't "ruffle my feathers" it's just your opinion. Maybe I'll see you at one of the Rock games. Ps. You only ruffled my feathers when you slammed "The Blue Mascot" LOL

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:09 am #9

it must really hurt when your not picked for mvp to make a comment like that!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:53 am #10

but why would you pick quinn?

why not pick holbrough, almost led the league in points, on a brutal brutal team, why pick the guy who just finished some passes?

ive watched quinn play, he impresses me none. in comparison colin holbrough was easily more important to the st clair storm than was quinn.

do i think either deserved the league mvp, no not really. although colins case is much much stronger. who did deserve it, i have no idea.