Northmen get Masson

Northmen get Masson

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:48 am #1

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 am #2

huge steal

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:21 pm #3

More like highway robbery. Arguably one of the most talented Jr B players with 2 years of eligibility left AND A DRAFT PICK for a 1990 Intermediate goalie and a 2nd year Jr player with only Jr C experience so far (I believe he played his first year of Jr C as a last year midget and not to say he won't become an impact player at a higher level in years to come...who knows). This is why O'ville stays at the top, they do there homework and target the players that fit into there system.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 pm #4

This trade was done with Lindsay Sanderson, a name I am sure you guys are familiar with in Orangeville ..I don`t think he gets the wool pulled over his eyes very often especially from one of his former goalies through the N Men system...This is a win win for both teams ...Colton Horan will be just fine in Barrie and or Orillia...Don`t assume because it says intermediate goalie that he has no skills...Good trade off by both GM`s meeting both their needs

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 pm #5

Orangeville retains Colton's Jr. B rights.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:46 pm #6

Good for Colton. If he can play on the Lakeshores.If not hopefully he will get a shot at playing B in Orangeville in his last year..The point was this is win win for both...Lindsay did not get hoodwinked as some posters stated " Highway robbery"...I think not. That was my point, and the portrayal of Coltan as some Intermediate goalie by people who do not know and assume.

Ryan, I still stay in the loop of who is where, especially when they are graduating to Major/Senior...(wink wink)..

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:21 pm #7

More like highway robbery. Arguably one of the most talented Jr B players with 2 years of eligibility left AND A DRAFT PICK for a 1990 Intermediate goalie and a 2nd year Jr player with only Jr C experience so far (I believe he played his first year of Jr C as a last year midget and not to say he won't become an impact player at a higher level in years to come...who knows). This is why O'ville stays at the top, they do there homework and target the players that fit into there system.
Well, I can tell you that an offer was made that was significantly better than that last year and no move was made. Obviously it is a year later, and things may have changed and no money was included in last year's proposal...

So, either the money side was a huge factor, something changed in Barrie's mind about AJ reporting, etc., or maybe another reason (future deals, historical relationships, etc.).

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:33 pm #8

I don't know Masson personally, but he's most likely over the moon, and why wouldn't he be. Half the league wants to play in orangeville and why wouldn't you.. play in front of packed crowds, great coaching, first class organization, the players get dressed to the nines, dont pay a cent to play, haven't missed the playoffs in 20 years and 3/4 of the kids get recruited to go to top quality NCAA schools... my son already wants to know where to sign up !

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:09 am #9

Well, I can tell you that an offer was made that was significantly better than that last year and no move was made. Obviously it is a year later, and things may have changed and no money was included in last year's proposal...

So, either the money side was a huge factor, something changed in Barrie's mind about AJ reporting, etc., or maybe another reason (future deals, historical relationships, etc.).
exactly...different year different needs nm