NO MORE ROOMS....

NO MORE ROOMS....

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 pm #1

left in whitby at all for the lacrosse festival... closest hotel is ajax... maybe the ola needs to relocate to an area that can hold that many people for a 2 week period.. such as st. catharines and niagara falls.... this should be a huge issue.. being once again no one is willing to talk or mention the home field advantage of the provincials..

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 pm #2

She:kon!

LOL!  "Ajax?"  You mean the town that is about 10 minutes away from Iroquois Park and maybe 20 minutes from the Legends Centre in Oshawa?  Good thing you don't have to lodge in Clarington (Bowmanville), that would add 5 minutes on your drive.

Google Maps is your friend.  Do a search for Ajax and discover that Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa & Clarington is essentially one continuous urban area connected by this cool highway called the 401.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:50 pm #3

left in whitby at all for the lacrosse festival... closest hotel is ajax... maybe the ola needs to relocate to an area that can hold that many people for a 2 week period.. such as st. catharines and niagara falls.... this should be a huge issue.. being once again no one is willing to talk or mention the home field advantage of the provincials..
Hi, Benny.

I don't think that there are even rooms in Ajax for the Novice weekend (August 6-8)!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:16 pm #4

Whtiby Super 8 is still open. I'm not going to track down all of the others, but there are rooms.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 pm #5

She:kon!

LOL!  "Ajax?"  You mean the town that is about 10 minutes away from Iroquois Park and maybe 20 minutes from the Legends Centre in Oshawa?  Good thing you don't have to lodge in Clarington (Bowmanville), that would add 5 minutes on your drive.

Google Maps is your friend.  Do a search for Ajax and discover that Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa & Clarington is essentially one continuous urban area connected by this cool highway called the 401.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...
i just think maybe the lacrosse festival is growing too big for whitby to handle... i just don't think anyone would ever admit to that lol

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am #6

She:kon Benny,

Maybe it is too big for Whitby, in which case there are about a dozen more pads available within a 30 minute drive of Iroquois Park, including the GM Centre in Oshawa, Rickard Arena in Bowmanville, the Pickering Rec Centre and all those pads at the excellent Ajax Community Centre.

Come on now, do you seriously think that the team that put the Lacrosse Festival together didn't do their homework and research all the facilities, hotels and transportation infrastructure that is available for this type of event in the Durham Region?  Give Ron McSpadyen et al a wee bit more credit than that.  This is a multi-million dollar event that is rivalled only by the Bell Cup minor hockey championships in Ottawa.  There is quite a bit of planning that goes into this sort of thing and the Festival team isn't sitting around making guesses.

I am sure there is room for complaint or criticism for the Lacrosse Festival - as there should be.  But if you are going to complain or criticize, at least do the honour of making a small effort to get some facts first.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 pm #7

Whtiby Super 8 is still open. I'm not going to track down all of the others, but there are rooms.
Thanks - I thought that I have contacted them but will do so ASAP.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:09 pm #8

The Super 8 is full for the Novice Weekend (nm)

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm #9

I would never recommend the Ajax Super 8 for teams to stay in after what the hockey team that I manage went through with them last year. Very team-unfriendly location, which is too bad, because it was a very good location in relation to the arenas we played in.

Sat May 01, 2010 6:06 am #10

You can always try the Durham College Residence buildings...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... tario.html