NLL fantasy Lacrosse

NLL fantasy Lacrosse

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 pm #1

I am beyond shocked to see that the NLL is supporting a Fantasy Lacrosse League on Facebook. Not shocked because it's wrong but shocked because it's so modern and forward...terms not often used when describing our game.

I have entered my own team in the Rock Fans group. To enter your own team visithttp://apps.facebook.com/nllsalarycap/ or www.nll.com

Look for my team under LiveLaxBlog in the Rock Fans group.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm #2

Can experts like me play Sammy or would that be considered cheating because of my expertise ?

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:31 pm #3

TT,

Maybe we should make an "Experts Division" for you? Though if I understand the league rules properly, you'll be welcome in any public group you see fit to join. I'll look for the "Tom Templeman Brickers" in the overall standings

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 pm #4

It'll likely be a long, hard look.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:15 am #5

I miss the old web based one, I played that every year. I went to the Facebook page but didn't really understand how it works. I log onto Facebook about once a year anyway so I'd never keep up, Facebook is not my thing. But the old web based one, loved that!

I actually think the NLL tries too hard to be "modern" and young sometimes. A Facebook fantasy league is fine, but why not continue the web based one as well? I know lots of people younger or older than me that just aren't into Facebook. Ther's other things.... The obvious one is the music during the play -- I've never talked to anyone who went to games because of that, but there are those who stay away because of it. I find it distracting and frustrating that there's really no way to cheer or yell with the music going.

Some things I like...do they still do the post-game parties in each city where all the players go to a bar/grill and interact?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 pm #6

The Rock will again this year use the John St Location of Jack Astors as the post game place to be. As for the music its a league mandate , I have passed the displeasure with the music on to the club and the league many times in the past as I promised . However I am met with the same answer each time that: the overwhelming number of fans that like the party over the game was the telling factor and that it is an NLL signature it aint going away . Now all they have to do away with are the lippy announcers ... hey wait a minute ...

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:31 pm #7

Why not Real Sports?? It's huge and about a 5 second walk if you're as old as me.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:10 am #8

Tha way we can have a wobbly before we get on the train LOL.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm #9

If ML$E charges the same markup for beer as opposed to other bars as they charge for Leafs tickets compared to other NHL arenas, prepare for a $45 draft beer (before tax and gratuity) at Real $ports Bar.

I know the NLL's stance on music. Personally, I can't follow the game with music going during the play. If the policy ever changes, I'll buy season tickets that day, but as is, I find it a very unenjoyable environment. I'll continue to watch at home with mute on as I really have no other choice. If I wanted a party or club atmosphere, I'd go to a club....I want to watch lacrosse! I still hold out hope that one day, either through NLL change of policy or a new league, we have a pro league that takes the game seriously instead of relegating it to a background activity behind loud music.

One NLL team, several years ago, got a lot of complaints about the music during the play. They got around it by playing a 15 or 30 second clip at the whistle, letting it run into the play. But when the song ended, there was no music until the next whistle. I'm not sure if that met with approval with the night club-minded NLL brass, but the fans liked it.

I'm dying for some lacrosse in person! Late April can't get here soon enough!!