nations cup finals

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

nations cup finals

Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:00 am #1

anyone know who won the tier 2 championship and the nations cup championship....its was a great tournament...cant wait for next years...

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:16 am #2

Tier II:
North Shore 8
Akwesasne 10

Final
Aces 10
Frogpond 8

There was a lot of hate going on for the Aces this year. Not sure why? Something to do with their stacked roster maybe?? Hah. Or the scheduling??

I just have to add the semis with the Aces & Akwesasne was some good entertainment. Akwesasne nearly had em! Would have been great to see.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 am #3

what was the score between Akwesasne Wolverines and the Aces?

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:38 pm #4

Tier II:
North Shore 8
Akwesasne 10

Final
Aces 10
Frogpond 8

There was a lot of hate going on for the Aces this year. Not sure why? Something to do with their stacked roster maybe?? Hah. Or the scheduling??

I just have to add the semis with the Aces & Akwesasne was some good entertainment. Akwesasne nearly had em! Would have been great to see.
If the all the haters look at the roster for the ACES they would see that all the players are family, and this is what it is. STACKED hahaha, its all in the blood.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am #5

because it was all people were chirping about in the stands.

And it is the first time I've heard that Sid Smith & Cody Jamieson are related... or Ken Montour/Darris Kilgour/Randy Staats/Craig Point/Roger Vyse/Cody Johnson... all being related...

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:36 pm #6

If you don't understand the message then don't say...but for your information, everyone on the reserve are related someway or another...and that is what I said, either family or friends...what didn't you get????

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:26 pm #7

-------------------
Stacked team my *^#@
by anonymous (Login sixnaygirl)

If the all the haters look at the roster for the ACES they would see that all the players are family, and this is what it is. STACKED hahaha, its all in the blood.

-------------------

but whatever, you can be defensive all you want, that's it from me.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 pm #8

Nothing in the rules says you cant stack your team. Only main stipulation is having to be of native desent! No reason why anyone else couldn't have got a better team together to challenge the mighty aces!! They sent the same team to Akwesasne last year and didn't win it, but nobody was complaining then. Why wouldn't snake island and Akwesasne make one team, instead of dividing up the talent?!?! And same goes for any other team that wants to compete.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 pm #9

C'mon now, honestly. That wasn't the same team from last year. There were a few 'big' additions to the Aces roster at this years cup. I never said there was anything wrong with stacking a team. If the Aces got to bring in all these big name players to play with them, then so be it.

My issue was denying it. A stacked roster is a stacked roster.

And why would the other nations have to divvy up their teams? Just so they'd have a chance against a stacked team?! If there are forty guys out there that want to play, they should be allowed to play. What are they suppose to deny a guy the right to play because he's not good enough to play against a bunch of pros?

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:18 pm #10

If you don't understand the message then don't say...but for your information, everyone on the reserve are related someway or another...and that is what I said, either family or friends...what didn't you get????
and all ppl on the rez are NOT related, you sayin that doesn't look very good for us so pls don't post crap like that on here, non-native ppl who don't know any better read this and might actually believe you.
I think the original poster was right though, aces din't have many fans. I think that's all he was tryna point out. They were a stacked team, and rightly so with all their pro players and so be it that a lot of them are related, no big deal. But you look at them - they are the veteran team, Maulers went with a lot of young players with a few veterans while the Aces were the other way around.
At least the cup stays at Six...