Minor GOALIES (Novice)

Minor GOALIES (Novice)

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 am #1

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. Oversized equipment is not permitted to be worn under any circumstance. Custom made equipment may be used provided the equipment still meets the appropriate specifications provided above. (6 Inches in this Case)

OK, I have a question. i want to hear your thoughts. we have a goalie who is in Novice That needs Longer Arm Guards. we have thrown some of the Old three piece hard plastic slash guards (these are 4 inches Max) as a extension to his boddam arm guards. Does This Make him "illegal" ??

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm #2

No, it is not illegal as long as it meets the width standards n/m

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:47 am #3

Since its not an addition made by the manufacturer its a modification, which would be illegal.

I'm not sure if they have taken that rule out of effect or not yet, just make sure his jersey covers it and no one will be the wiser. The sad fact that children are being put in danger due to the lack of foresight/hindsight by the OLA/CLA and the general incompetence shown by both groups on the matter still turns my stomach.

Next time I suggest you take it up with your local equipment manager or RIC, not post on a public forum for opposing teams to read(I understand its novice, but coaches do stupid things to win games at every age).

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:06 am #4

She:kon!

http://www.ontariolacrosse.com/content/ ... 0Memos.pdf

The phrase that is unclear: "Custom made equipment may be used..." I can't find anywhere in the bulletin that states only equipment manufactured for goalies is legal. As I read it, any custom equipment can be used so long as it does not exceed the width standards. If a goalie wanted to wear wrist guards, that certainly would be legal. So would extra foam padding or knee pads.

However, I did find this in Situation 1 of Rule 12 in the CLA Rulebook: Goalkeepers shall be allowed to wear only one set of chest and arm protector (pads). So adding slash guards would technically be illegal. Which raises the question, what about a custom shirt that has extra padding built into it, like Rhinoskin or whatnot?

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 pm #5

if i went to the RIC or OLA/CLA. I would probably get a answer from them after provincials. LOL I asked here to see what the Public Thinks about it. I See the answer to my question is "clear as mud" on the rules. The Rule Book states many Things that contradicts other rules stated in the Book.

Maybe we should just work on promoting the game Better & quit wasting our time on all these equipment Regulations.

Lets get more kids playing Lacrosse. !!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 pm #6

something even worse is in the case of older goalies who have older equipment since theyre are no measurement in minor they strictly measure by number. So as an example myself which has older pants they dont have a number three on them they are directly deemed illegal just because of the fact they are 5 years old and came in before the number system. EVen though they fit into standards. The reverse of that is that the former boddam pads that have the three on them the super wides dont fit into the new standards but since there is no measurement and has a number three on them they are deemed legal

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:46 am #7

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. Oversized equipment is not permitted to be worn under any circumstance. Custom made equipment may be used provided the equipment still meets the appropriate specifications provided above. (6 Inches in this Case)

OK, I have a question. i want to hear your thoughts. we have a goalie who is in Novice That needs Longer Arm Guards. we have thrown some of the Old three piece hard plastic slash guards (these are 4 inches Max) as a extension to his boddam arm guards. Does This Make him "illegal" ??
Ok so the bulletin says this

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. Oversized equipment is not permitted to be worn under any circumstance. Custom made equipment may be used provided the equipment still meets the appropriate specifications provided above

Here is where we start spinning in circles. This information was presented to us at the OLA referees clinic.

CLA and OLA has said for this year that "conformity" is not the standard for goaltenders this year. IT is the number system. Everything is 1 , 2 or 3. Wrong number for age = illegal . . . no number = illegal.

However, It was pointed out in the important notes about custom equipment.

A goaltender can wear custom equipment - the bulletin says so.

But what if a goaltender who is wearing custom equipment gets called?

Under the bulletin- "Custom made equipment may be used provided the equipment still meets the appropriate specifications provided above"
---Well according to the OLA officials DO NOT do ANY measurements of goaltenders anymore in minor.
---And Conformity is OUT - it is the number system.

So basically - the stance we got from the OLA was that there is no official way to "measure" custom equipment. Some recommended going with conformity and others disagreed.

That is the problem. The CLA puts a policy in place without clear guidlines as to how it is going to be enforced.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 am #8

Referees were instructed to first address whether the number was correct and then to check for conformity. While there are certain aspects of this issue that are most definitely confusing, this part of it doesn't seem to be.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:00 am #9

She:kon!

http://www.ontariolacrosse.com/content/ ... 0Memos.pdf

The phrase that is unclear: "Custom made equipment may be used..." I can't find anywhere in the bulletin that states only equipment manufactured for goalies is legal. As I read it, any custom equipment can be used so long as it does not exceed the width standards. If a goalie wanted to wear wrist guards, that certainly would be legal. So would extra foam padding or knee pads.

However, I did find this in Situation 1 of Rule 12 in the CLA Rulebook: Goalkeepers shall be allowed to wear only one set of chest and arm protector (pads). So adding slash guards would technically be illegal. Which raises the question, what about a custom shirt that has extra padding built into it, like Rhinoskin or whatnot?

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...
In minor they cannot ask a goalie to take off his equipment, or that was the rule... However above minor padded shirts have been deemed illegal under the old system, Pat O'Toole was tossed in the 07 Mann cup for wearing a padded undershirt.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 am #10

Everyone should drop your lax equipment and give up on box lacrosse for a year, this year alone in a tiny town of 10000 people trying to teach lacrosse we have had to replace facemasks, our Novice goalies will probably quit lacrosse all together because of what they have experienced this year with referees and officials forcing them into the net with equipment that does not protect them and next year we will need to come up with over $5000 just to replace nets.

The CLA is a bunch or crooks & criminals trying to pad their own pockets. Stan Cockerton and his cronies will sell you a lacrosse fits package to teach kids the game but it just hooks you on a sport your kids love just to find out later they will run you out of the sport you fell in love with with $50 face masks $1200 nets and $1000 goalie equipment packages. We own all of these items but we cannot use any of the **** you guys told us to buy last year and the year before.

You don't listen when we cry for help and here I am hoping someone will hear our message and get through to you, but you don't give a **** what we say because my last name isn't BODDAM or GAIT or whatever equipment provider needs a boost in sales this year.

ALL YOU ASSHOLES AT THE CLA SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES, HOW DO YOU KEEP FROM THROWING UP WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR EVERY MORNING.

You've made a joke out of the sport we love and the fact that you don't hear our cries for help makes your entire institution a farce.

WHAT's your answer "Don't play lacrosse then or put a different kid in net"

You can't even follow the rules you've written because you have them so ****** twisted and backwards. I hope your outraged by my message, because I have no idea how else to get your attention, but this isn't going away.