MINOR GOALIES !!!! Must Read

MINOR GOALIES !!!! Must Read

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:30 am #1

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:23 pm #2

Sounds like they're responding to a crisis. A kid who meets the standards at the beginning of the season might have a spurt and it seems from reading their forms that this is a one time thing for the season. Perhaps it needs to be ongoing and they might need to delegate it to the lowest approval level. A regional CLA official can always go check the kid(s)themselves if they don't believe Johnny hit his pre or actual puberty growth spurt. Until the late teens when your bones fuse and growth stops, it's hard to say even if Johnny might need larger gear within Cat 3. Some might have longer arms than legs necessitating the upper's arms to it. Most people now I'm told (as I study the gear and figure out how best to armor myself in the US) use slash guards from hockey (I have seen them on Ebay for lacrosse as well...same concept). In my case, I'm finding that forearm pads used for Filipino stick fighting, though with foam rubber strips (less than 1/4 inch thick) over hard plastic, cover more surface and with the velcro straps around it stays in place around and covers almost all of the wrist. Then again, I'm not subject to any kind of CLA rules (as they develop box in the US, those are the rule templates that they follow) like they are.