Mimico Trades

Mimico Trades

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 am #1

What happened with all these moves mimico has made? heard half their returning roster has been dealt. Anyone know anything?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 am #2

There are two ways to win a Fouders Cup.

1.) Host it

2.) get rid of all your talent

Looks like management is trying option 2.

I've heard there may be some other ways, but they've never worked.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:55 am #3

Mimico granted a player's request for a trade to one of two teams. He was not going to play for Mimico this year, so his request was met. Other players wanted to move onto opportunities in Junior A and their request was met. Mimico Junior B is not is the business of holding up players who do not want to play for the club. Deals have been made with the club, and the players' interests at hand. In return there are a number of young prospects who has shown much promise and want to play in Mimico. Mimico will be a young, hungry team and look to be always competitive in this or any year, no matter what it looks like to outsiders.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:04 am #4

Other then the Muise deal to Gaels, has there been any other deals made so far for mimico? Im sure the players who want to play Junior A will be going to Mississauga, Brampton, or Toronto since those are the 3 teams who own most players Junior A rights on Mimico if I am not correct?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:42 pm #5

I heard that Mimico traded a pocket full of dreams for 2 of Halton's coaches. In all fairness, they were Mountaineers first, but I am sure developing them for Mimico was not Halton's intention.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:17 pm #6

I heard Mimico got rid of a few attitude problems....Good luck to the Green Gaels

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm #7

Yeah well i heard Mimico traded away the founders mvp and there top scorer since hes been a rookie there, and it was the dumbest move the club has made in years.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 pm #8

I agree trading away a kid who has led the team in scoring the past few season's isn't the smartest move, but you do have to consider this move was made for other reasons.
Its possible Musie wants to win a founders an doesn't feel Mimico will contend this season, an since it is his last season of Jr he wants to play with a team like the Gaels who are a proven contender year after year. Sure so is Halton but can you really see a Mimico/Halton Hills trade.
Also there have been rumors about his bad attitude an so on, maybe Mimico has simple got tired of it an wanted to remove the problem. It sucks for them having to move a skilled player, but sometimes its what needs to be done if the player is causing problems within the team.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 pm #9

What a waste! If this kid was any good he'd step up and play A with the big boys. This win a Founders thing is crap. It's like Ray Borque in his last year saying, "Send me the the AHL so I can win a Calder Cup".

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:53 pm #10

I agree trading away a kid who has led the team in scoring the past few season's isn't the smartest move, but you do have to consider this move was made for other reasons.
Its possible Musie wants to win a founders an doesn't feel Mimico will contend this season, an since it is his last season of Jr he wants to play with a team like the Gaels who are a proven contender year after year. Sure so is Halton but can you really see a Mimico/Halton Hills trade.
Also there have been rumors about his bad attitude an so on, maybe Mimico has simple got tired of it an wanted to remove the problem. It sucks for them having to move a skilled player, but sometimes its what needs to be done if the player is causing problems within the team.
Not taking sides here, but there were only few guys on the team last year that were on the same page as Muise and i was one of them. That meaning when it came down to crunch time Muise was the one standing up andsaying something in the room. Muise was leading the team on the floor. He single handedly took our team to the finals in the founders cup, and for anybody that was there and witnessed it. You would agree. Im real close with Brendan ive Coached him had the joy of working with him, and that kid is nothing but winning, he will do anything to win.