Midget B

Midget B

Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 pm #1

St.Kitts beats Barrie Easily
& KW beats Oshawa 2 Easily.
Cud be a 1,2,3 finissh for the west.

Fri May 25, 2007 11:36 pm #2

Anyone who saw the StKits round robin games knows for a fact that these coaches have Mastered the Art of sandbagging. U-16 in the fall this team placed 4th. Goalie played out against Guelphs "C" team and won 11-0 all players rotated positions in order to sneek under OMFLA radar rankings.Qualifiers put them up against two "C" calibre teams in a "B" division (Guelph and London)
That this is allowed to happen is pathetic. I feel bad for the East as this team should have never made it through the Wests "A" grouping. Take up the challenge and make this team play for the title.

Irish

Fri May 25, 2007 11:53 pm #3

This team did no such thing. I've reffed these guys at least 3 times this year. They played some tough competition during the regular season and gave it their all every game. Their coaches don't even deny that they should've been "A". Its not their fault where they ended up. But while they're down there, they might as well win. Besides the west is way stronger this year in midget. They may not win the whole thing, but team for team, they've got the tougher division.

Sat May 26, 2007 1:14 am #4

we didnt always play our best games in the season and we paid for it and u acually think we wanna go B well your wrong , we wanna be known as the best team in the province not the best B team . so w/e were in B and were going to try our best to win the championship and whatever happens happens .

goodluck the rest of the way!

GO A's!

Sun May 27, 2007 12:18 am #5

Anyone who saw the StKits round robin games knows for a fact that these coaches have Mastered the Art of sandbagging. U-16 in the fall this team placed 4th. Goalie played out against Guelphs "C" team and won 11-0 all players rotated positions in order to sneek under OMFLA radar rankings.Qualifiers put them up against two "C" calibre teams in a "B" division (Guelph and London)
That this is allowed to happen is pathetic. I feel bad for the East as this team should have never made it through the Wests "A" grouping. Take up the challenge and make this team play for the title.

Irish
Who ever thinks that we are sandbaggers could not be more wrong if they tried. We were in every game we played against all other teams in midget 1 division in the west.

If it was up to me I would have played A ball instead of B, I feel my kids would learn a lot more playing against the best teams around. We, like any other team do not want to lose to anybody we just came up short in a few games. Now, if you take this as sandbagging its up to you but we dont set the ratings and the seasons too short to appeal.

If you have any problems about my team come speak to me if you want to, I'm open to all discussions about lacrosse.

Yours in lacrosse,

St.Catharines Midget Field Lacrosse Coach
Matt Attwood

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:01 pm #6

The teams that competed in the midget B east were CW, KW, St Kitts, Guelph, Notl, Orangeville 2, london. CW,London,Guelph,Notl,Orangevile 2 all were good B clubs and deserved to be there. On the other hand Kw was a strong B team whcih couldnt keep up in A, and St kitts sandbagged.
They knew they wouldnt make it to Provincials so they sandbagged to win a medal, and a gold medal in B they won. I think this is terrible , their u-16 team in the fall playued good and competed and now they cant. Idn i think this it terrible.

SANDBAGGING AT ITS BEST
ST. KITTS MIDGET B GOLD MEDAL TEAM
SANDBAGGING

ITS COMPLETLEY TRUE !

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:32 pm #7

Get over yourself...obviously you failed to get the just of the coach's posting! He wanted his team to go A! My son isn't old enough to be on Matt Attwood's team but I assure you that he would NEVER sandbag to go B.It's all about A-ball! But his team did get rated B and do you think they shouldn't play to win? As in his posting, if you want to have a discussion about this , he'll talk with you. Matt is a great coach and a fine human being and doesn't deserve these slanderous postings.
Congratulations to the St. Catharines Athletics Midget Field Lacrosse Team!
GO A's!