Junior Clax Needs Your Help

Junior Clax Needs Your Help

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:36 am #1

I send this out to our lacrosse family to help our Director of Junior Clax Joel Johnson gain your support in helping him grow the Junior Clax league which will launch officially Friday January 13th, 2012 in Brampton.

We really need help spreading the word into the lacrosse community about the Junior Clax league, most of our registered players are from the East probably a 75-25 split. Part of that is because Joel lives in the East, the other part is because we are struggling getting word out through the lacrosse organizations as most are declining to do so. We have been told by some that they have been informed not to help, people we are a lacrosse family, we help each other that is what we do, please help! We are not out to hurt anyone by launching a winter box league, we are out to grow the great game of lacrosse, what is wrong with that? We need you today to help us grow the game for tomorrow.

If many of you from the west end can spread the word for us it would go along way and it would be greatly appreciated. We need your help especially spreading the word to centres close to the Powerade Centre like Brampton, Halton, Orangeville, Mississauga, Oakville, Mimico, Caledon, Milton, Cambridge, Kitchener, Guelph, Elora, DID I MISS ANYONE! lol. You get my point, please help, every kid deserves a chance to play if they want to, help us get the word to them, they'll be better players for your summer teams and you'll be a better person because you helped the game of lacrosse grow!

Same goes for our lacrosse family to the East, spread the word if you can. If you have already registered, tell a teammate from the summer to join you, and hopefully the word can get out to the 25,000 or so registered minor lacrosse players and 68 of them in four age groups will join Junior Clax and play winter box lacrosse.

More information is available at www.clax.ca or by emailing Joel at jjohnson@clax.ca.

Thank You for your continued support,

Paul St. John
Commissioner
Canadian Lacrosse League

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:33 am #2

Hi Paul,

Jim Veltman talked to me at the OLA AGM and gave me information about this initiative. I passed the information along to our president.

I think the problem is the cost. $750 is steep. A midget player in our centre doesn't pay that much for all of the practices, zone games, tournament games, qualifier game, and provincials games in an entire summer. Obviously hockey is a huge factor too, but this is the other factor that is probably keeping players away. I think that a lot of the keen lacrosse people know about what is happening, they just can't afford it.

Just my opinion.

Ryan

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:37 am #3

I thought that the flyer I passed along said $750, but below I just read that it is $550. I must be mistaken. At any rate, the price is going to be a factor in the matter.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:52 am #4

Thanks Ryan for spreading the word. We actually took out the helmet and gloves portion of the price and reduced it to $550 from $750, if players still want us to get them helmet and gloves they can add the portion they need.

Registration has been real good, we expect to come close to selling out, the biggest thing was getting word out on the west side. Did you want to get involved at all with coaching a team or running a division? If you do give Joel an email jjohnson@clax.ca, it would be great to have you involved.

Paul
Clax